League To Dubai

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Folks,

There is 2 n a half weeks left to enter this years League to Dubai, so looking to spread the word and get as many people involved as possible!!

For those you who haven't heard of the League To Dubai an open competition that could see you jetting off to the UAE and playing in the final just anyone on the European Tour at The Earth course. You'll also be playing Yas Links in the shadow of the Yas Marina F1 circuit and Ferrari World!

To get there you play 4 local matches (2 home and 2 away) in a round robin playing stableford, not matchplay. Should you win your group, you laying your regional final at a Macdonald resort where finishing in the top 3 books your seat on the plane! Therefore you are only 5 rounds away from the ultimate golf break.

Entry is £35 for singles, £70 for doubles (remember, you definitely play 4 games).

All games are stableford format playing off 3/4 hcp with a maximum of 18.

Visit www.leaguetodubai.co.uk to enter before 21st April.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them on this thread, PM me or call 08448 708 074 to speak to the League To Dubai team.

Those of you who have laying the competition before, how did you find it?? Will you be playing in it again this year?

D

Deleted Member 1156

I never enter this type of competition, way too much banditry and handicap protection. I learnt my lesson when I entered the Trilby a few years ago :confused:

Wheyayeman

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I never enter this type of competition, way too much banditry and handicap protection. I learnt my lesson when I entered the Trilby a few years ago :confused:

I play in a few of the matchplay ones with no real expectation of getting to the grand final as like you say there are too many inaccurate handicapped players playing in this type of event, but I still play every year because you generally get to play other courses for free, i enjoy the matchplay competition, the regional finals are more than achievable for any golfer player well and you just never know.

Just signed up for the league to Dubai despite the fact me and my mate are arguably the worst betterball paring ever

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its not all about the banditry, 38 & 37 points in the regional saw people go to Dubai from the Northern region and like Wheyayeman says its about seeing other courses and playing different people.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Its not all about the banditry, 38 & 37 points in the regional saw people go to Dubai from the Northern region and like Wheyayeman says its about seeing other courses and playing different people.

That's off 3/4 Handicap though! So definitely favouring lower handicap players and/or Bandits!

Still pretty good value though.

Davey247

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Still pretty good value though.

Yeah, its a fun competition. I only played for the first time last year. I didn't get through; winning my 2 away games losing my 2 at home by a couple of points each time, but when the league organisers went out looking for ambassadors and thought I'd give it a go and spread the word.
If you generally like playing golf with new people at new courses, its definitely worth £35 each.