ladies shoes - barb, Gill, HID?

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi My Ecco shoes have done good service but are coming to the end of their natural - have some light shoes for summer but think I might start looking for 'real' shoes soon.
Do they do these Dryjoy Pods for ladies (and are they worth the money?)- can't see them on a quick look.
What do you girls wear for a sturdy and comfy waterproof shoe?

thanks for suggestions

AliB

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Having looked at the footjoy website www.footjoy.co.uk it seems that they don't do the dryjoy PODS and if you look at the womens section don't feature the dryjoys at all. However of you go to the custom (myjoy) section it allows you to pick dryjoy as a ladies option (no idea!!).

I think from memory the cost of customising is only about £20-30 more than the ordianry shoe and I can thoroughly recommend the dryjoys (male version) as being very comfy with little breaking in and very good at keeping the damp out (unless you are in the very thick stuff where it seeps in through the lace eyelets).

My painful advice is avoid Adidas at all costs. They tend to come up 1/2 smaller than you normally wear, are very hard to break in, tend to split easily and don't seem as waterproof.

Never tried Ecco but as they have lasted you so well they might be worth having another look at.

My only other advice would be check out some of the online shops particularly if you are a fairly standard size and width or at least to get a feel for what is out there for the fashion conscious lady golfer

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi AliB
I have 2 pairs of ladies Nike's (1 pair is the airmax which are waterproof and the other is just a standard pair which are more for the summer, I have been wearing these for about 18 months and are very comfy, even from the beginning) I alternate my shoes to prolong the wear in them and I paid about £50 for each pair.
My friend has a pair of the custom footjoys and she loves hers though she hasn't taken them out in the rain yet.
Online golf has some good offers if you are a standard size but I got mine from AG as I like to try before I buy.
Though if you liked the ecco then I would probably try and stick with them if you can.
Hope this helps you some. Let us know what you do get and give us a review.
I know this is cheap but I once bought a pair from Aldi (£17.99) as an emergency and they were really good and comfy, lasted me about 3 years.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Hi AliB
I have 2 pairs of ladies Nike's
I have some summer Nikes which are good, but not waterproof. nike usually fit me so would be worth a look. Agree with Homer that Adidas never fit.
My friend has a pair of the custom footjoys and she loves hers though she hasn't taken them out in the rain yet.
Online golf has some good offers if you are a standard size but I got mine from AG as I like to try before I buy.
I think up to now Footjoy haven't suited my tender tootsies, but you never know with a new style.
I know this is cheap but I once bought a pair from Aldi (£17.99) as an emergency and they were really good and comfy, lasted me about 3 years.
Funny you should say that. I have Lidl shoes - v. comfortable but leak a bit.
Will keep you all posted when I do the deed. Have to pay for car insurance first!

AliB