Ladies English open

barb

Head Pro
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone was interested or is going to the Ladies English open at The Oxfordshire in Thame, 4th-6th July.
I am going with some friends from our club on the Sat 5th as we have been sent some complimentary tickets ;), we have got a couple of spare tickets if anyone wants to join us.

I have never been to a pro event before so really looking forward to it.
Any thoughts as to what to expect.
Barb :)

benny

Head Pro
Visit site
Probably get ready to leave with the following..........either a sense of renewed drive and dedication to practise to emulate the fine play you've witnessed........or a sense of black depression/self-loathing, contemplating whether to even bother playing anymore :)

Take some cream for your hands cos of the clapping you'll be doing too. Those girls can putt.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
slightly off subject, just got my ticket through for Wentworth - says no cameras!

It's ridiculous; my memory ain't that good, I'm not a lightning artist and it's the reason I bought the camera that I did! (also as it's digital, with the sound switched off it's silent)

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The open will be no phones or cameras too. Seems to be a growing trend, and all because of a few idiots who try to get a photo of the top of Tigers backswing.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
murph, it's less to do that than with protecting their publishing rights. there is a specific mention of not publishing any written or photographic report without their express permission; of course, the internet has made that easier (this forum was where some of mine were destined!)

sorry barb, but this has really taken the shine off the event for me.