Ladies clubs

HPIMG

Visit site
I went to driving range this morning and wife tagged along with me, ended up she wanted to hit balls and after loads of fresh air shots she started to hit some decent shots. She said she would like to go back so thinking about getting her a second hand set of irons. Can I just get any set as long as there graphite shafts ? Was thinking get her a decent set of mizunos and worst case my son can use them when his current set gets too small for him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't even need a full set. My wife has played for a few years now and still just has a driver, 3 & 5 wood, hybrid, a 7 iron, PW, SW and putter. Since she only hits driver about 150 and 7 iron 80-90 yards, the gapping just isn't there to warrant any more than 7 or 8 clubs.

I pieced the clubs together from various cheap second hand purchases, mostly Ebay with a couple from members of this forum. And my old putter.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Women's clubs have more flexible shafts than men's due to their generally lower swing speed. The clubs are also more lofted and usually shorter. So you need to buy specifically women's clubs.

HPIMG

Visit site
Got a set of mizunos 6-pw and I have a old sm8 wedge in garage I can give her. so just need to find her a putter then will get rest of clubs when she’s good with the irons.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
I have a ladies 5 wood in my bag, and I used to use a ladies Callaway Rogue. I bought them and just swapped the shafts out, and in the case of the Rogue, the weight in the back port.

The ladies clubs are often a fraction of the price of men's clubs, but the heads in most cases are the same.

I currently have two ladies shafts for sale if anyone is interested.

HPIMG

Visit site
I managed to get her a mizuno omni 3 in blue yesterday it looks brand new and got a cracking deal on it. Took her up to the short par 3 she played 5 holes and seemed to really enjoy it.
I will keep an eye out for a hybrid wood and driver next. I’m thinking if I can get her half decent for end of month when I go to Arran I might be able to play all 7 courses in the 3 days .