Ladies Clubs

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
I would expect an extra 30yds would be massive for your wife, it would be for me and I hit a driver 160-200yds depending on conditions

Well we're not at your distance, according to the monitor, but have lept up from 86 yards to 116+. (Carry distances) Also the bloke explained is not actual distance you get but CARRY distance, as in our damp wet country you need the ball in the air as much as possible!!!!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ah ha....my wife has been struggling with the driver, yes it was only a cheap one hence taking the plunge to purchase a new one. But she can get good height on irons but not so much driver. During fitting I mentioned this to the bloke, a pro who has played on lower tours. He watched where she had positioned the ball. Middle of stance. "Line the ball with little toe" was his suggestion and we moved back to orange tee (she'd been using pink for reasons I won't go into). LIFT OFF!!!!! It rocketed up!!!!! Now I'd told her to play off heel of left foot, but as I chatted to the bloke and said this was hard to actually explain, which he agreed, but said, little toe was a much easier concept, as it proved. Try this advice, it may work for her. Now if only we could clear a day when it wasn't raining and try all this on the course.........
She is one of those ladies who dosnt take advice.
I have given my opinion once and that was ignored.
My only problem is , if your results are the same all the time you need to change something to improve it.
It’s something most golfers understand, but ???

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Sorry to bump this...but, well you'll see.

So having got tired of waiting for a dry day off we popped this morning to the driving range so the wife could have a go with the new toy. Results? Encouraging I thought. EVERY shot with it went straight, so that will get more distance yes? I didn't watch all of her whacks with it as I was in the next bay trying to sort my grip out. But during a rest I asked her if I could have a go with it.

Results? Stunning. Absolutely stunning. All my useless efforts with my driver were slices and getting no real distance, well it was cold and I was well short of the 150 marker with my seven iron so something as a miss. But with the wifes new driver. BOOM !!!!!! Arrow straight EVERY SINGLE TIME. not the slightest movement on the ball. Therefore a massive increase in distance. Well it looked like it Must have been 20+ yards...at least. I'm going to the golf shop tomorrow for a fitting. I've not been so excited about a golf club in YEARS !!!!!

PS The club head can be changed and the setting is something like a plus 2 draw.