Kudos to Robert MacIntyre ...

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

He made a poor judgement call and is clearly knows he was wrong

There is a clear difference between his reaction and the one of Stanley
As I said I havnt seen it ,
But I would say for a former open champion his judgement of distance should be quite good.
So why not just shout as a precautionary measure.

But agree with his apology is worlds apart from Stanley’s.

RobertB

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Followed him during Open. He was spot on. On 14th Stanley from rough in right turned it over and had it not hit Marshall would have went into shite in front right ahead of 15th tee, was ~ 5 yards away. On 17 was <10 yards away and in all likelihood had it not hit caddie’s mother again it would be in shite. He made cut my one IIRC. .... We heard cries of fore from group, apparently not Stanley, but just too late.... Anyway, the player hits it, the onus is on them to lead out call, they instinctively know it is headed to crowd.... but in this case he made cut not doing so, professional result of sorts.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
This!!

Not really a big thing that THIS player didn't shout, but also not unreasonable that another player has a go at him for not shouting!

Crowd 300 yds away isn't going to hear anyway. Plenty of indications mean they 'have been advised' but just a little 'un-ettiquitteish' imo.

I recently marshalled at the US Open qualifying and was ball spotting ahead for our pros. Shouts of Fore are quite clearly audible at & beyond 300 yards.

User20204

Visit site
No wind that I noticed, but if there was the theory was tested in more than one direction so if there was wind, the shout could be heard downwind, sidewind or upwind (or more appropriately wind up in this case :rolleyes:)

There is no way a shout of fore will be heard in to the wind.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Out of interest Rich, what were the crowds like..

Reasonable size Ian but not as big as a proper tournament obviously, certain groups do attract bigger followings, but it's not like they are chanting or making a racket that's likely to cover the noise of the shout.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Young Bob is certainly carrying Scottish Golf on his shoulders these days.

Up to 7th on the R2D.
Now highest ranked Scot in the world.
Could become Rookie of the year also.

Huge climb in world rankings up to 86 now (I think) which an incredible run of consistent golf. Only thing lacking is that elusive victory.

D

Deleted member 15344

Up to 7th on the R2D.

Huge climb in world rankings up to 86 now (I think) which an incredible run of consistent golf. Only thing lacking is that elusive victory.

Been superb this year and won’t be long before he crosses the line , it’s shame with the OWGR weighting more bias towards the US because he should be higher than 86. Did see that he may look at playing more in the US

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Up to 7th on the R2D.

Think the win will come. Certainly deserves to finish the hard work off with a win and hopefully once he wins once the floodgates will open. If he can then inspire the next generation of Scottish golfers to come through and get the nation truly back on the golfing map then even better

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I saw him hitting balls at my local range when he was a 16 year old. He was in the bay next to me and I’d never seen anyone hitting the ball like that before.

I was so impressed I’ve tracked his progress ever since.

Brilliant to see him do so well and won a few quid by backing him for the top 10 at the open having seen how well he does in links / windy conditions.

As others have said, surely that win must be just around the corner. The most consistent player not to have won yet

Steve Bamford

Head Pro
www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk
He's undoubtedly a fantastic player and has all the attributes required to be an OWGR top 50 elite player. That first win must be soon, but personally I like the way that he's competitive across a number of different styles of golf course. That bodes very well. An outsider for Team Europe next year.