Kirkland balls

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone used the Kirkland signature balls from Costco
At £26 for two dozen they are an absolute steal very very similar to the pro v 1 only difference is the outer skin does mark easily off wedge shots Perfect ball for the winter time
I’ll be buying two dozen every couple of weeks to stock up

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ones I have been using are very similar to a pro v hence why I’m using them if they weren’t I wouldn’t use them

beggsy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They only offer the refund because they moaned about the ball cutting up and the paint wearing off I used one for a full 18 and tbh it was knacked after 9 but I wanted to see it after 18 and it could have done another 18 Have you played with one of these recently

HamiltonGuy

Visit site
lol

In the States most people got a refund, as they are so bad.

Nothing like the original from a few years back that was nearly as good as a pro v.
The originals were released in 2016.
In 2018 there was the out of court settlement with Titleist parent company.

The ball was then changed considerably and has been canned ever since.
Costco actually emailed members in the States apologising for how bad they were and thus offering the refund.
Actually the product that was refunded was their 4 piece ball which they don’t sell in the UK it’s a 3 piece here

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm wanting to try them I'm hearing nothing but good things about them, i think my bro has a costco account, so I'll have be stay on his good side
the Kirkland ice cream is lovely too

Fish

Banned
Visit site
All these so-called equilavant balls posts emerge now & then, Vice caused a stir and has now receded greatly, I’d find loads a couple of years ago, now they're very rare, it’s simply a novelty factor trying to convince yourselves that any ball is the same as a premium ball like Pro V but much cheaper, when the real truth is, they’re cheaper for a reason.

If your playing the Hotchkin and find yourselves amongst the snakes & lizards, you might come across a Pro V1x (2 currently MIA) with #YOTF lll marked on them ?

Redtraveller

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought a double dozen when they first came out. Still got a dozen left now. I find them good. There was a good review on them. Definitely worth a try

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
All these so-called equilavant balls posts emerge now & then, Vice caused a stir and has now receded greatly, I’d find loads a couple of years ago, now they're very rare, it’s simply a novelty factor trying to convince yourselves that any ball is the same as a premium ball like Pro V but much cheaper, when the real truth is, they’re cheaper for a reason.

If your playing the Hotchkin and find yourselves amongst the snakes & lizards, you might come across a Pro V1x (2 currently MIA) with #YOTF lll marked on them ?

The Snell is clearly as good if not Better than the Pro v and basically half the price.

Mid handicappers paying £45 a dozen for some balls ? crazy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agree with the comment regarding brands like the Vice seeming a poorer quality than when they came to the fore a few years back. Given the background of Snell and their owner being ex Tiltleist (I believe) I doubt he'll let that brand go the same way. I do wonder though how brands like Kirkland can produce balls so cheaply that "claim" to perform as good or better than premium balls. I get the fact there isn't the advertising and endorsements to pay but there must still be R&D costs

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Agree with the comment regarding brands like the Vice seeming a poorer quality than when they came to the fore a few years back. Given the background of Snell and their owner being ex Tiltleist (I believe) I doubt he'll let that brand go the same way. I do wonder though how brands like Kirkland can produce balls so cheaply that "claim" to perform as good or better than premium balls. I get the fact there isn't the advertising and endorsements to pay but there must still be R&D costs

They’re more expensive because so many are given away to Pro’s on tour, and obviously someone else has to subsidise that ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If they are bad why not move to the AD333 v9 which is very close in robot testing? At £23/ dozen it’s not a bad price.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site

Kirkland is Costco's own brand and they don't produce the ball - they are/were made by a massive Korean golf ball manufacturer (Nassua) and then had the Kirkland logo printed on them.
the Nassua Quarro is supposed to be as good as the Pro V1 according to MyGolfSpy

BristolMike

Head Pro
Visit site
Kirkland is Costco's own brand and they don't produce the ball - they are/were made by a massive Korean golf ball manufacturer (Nassua) and then had the Kirkland logo printed on them.
the Nassua Quarro is supposed to be as good as the Pro V1 according to MyGolfSpy

These ones aren’t. The original 4 piece ones were made at Nassau. TM balls are made in the same place. TM upped production and Nassau had to cut some of the smaller companies they made balls for so they couldn’t make the next phase of Kirkland balls. The original KSig was an overrun of Quattros

Pretty much all the DOC balls are produced by a few factories and they all vary in quality, that could explain the reasons for the drop in quality after a while if they have to move to a factory lower down the food chain.

Watched something with DeanSnell explaining it.