Kingsbarns!

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Must add that I played royal Liverpool for £55 using our county card !

Even though we live in Lancashire it was not a problem to accept our cards.

This in my opinion is what all top golf
Courses should offer and not try and price the genuine golfers away :)

Ps:

Going back again in October as we enjoyed it so much and felt very welcome by the staff who worked there !

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I see, but then the Irish led the way with the astronomical green fee trend to attract the mighty Dollar. just goes to show really the yanks were only interested once they stuck the prices up:)

Yep, YGT said to someone I know - the Yanks arent interested unless the course is £100 green fee minimum. They think if its less than that, it musnt be good.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Golf in Ireland is getting so expensive even at hidden gems like Dooks but I'm going back over this year playing Waterville ,Dooks, Dingle Links and Killarney GC maybe try and get Portmarnock on the way home

Unless you have played it before, get to Tralee, better than Killarney and Waterville for me. Better than RCD for me.(y)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unless you have played it before, get to Tralee, better than Killarney and Waterville for me. Better than RCD for me.(y)

Played it before fella but we have unfinished business at Waterville only got 7 holes and had to come of due to a storm they reckon was the worst in over 100 years , so going back . Tralee was different class tho from 9 totally different from the back some the views were incredible . only downside was the starter insisting we play with some random guy who turned up , no chance was that happening after paying what we did.

D

Deleted member 17920

The thing that bugs me is that most Americans/tourists don’t even know it’s £288 for the round.

They just get a tour operator to book the lot and they just buy a package, I talked to one group of 8 Americans last year and the week long trip cost them around 10k each for 7 rounds plus hotels and a luxury min coach for the week 😱😱😱

I am just thankful we have got on some great courses with the forum whilst they was affordable.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
We've met loads of Americans on our travels around Ireland and the money they pay is incredible and they don't act an eye lid about it to. Ive used SWING Ireland to sort out our golf twice now when we've been to Killarney and there superb at what they do . But we use AIRBNB as long as its clean thats all we ask for as we're never in but the Americans always look for first class.

This year our trip for 5 nights 4 rounds ,digs, flights ,car hire etc is under £650 , we try and play at least 1 top course then look for gems like Dooks and Dingle Links.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Played it before fella but we have unfinished business at Waterville only got 7 holes and had to come of due to a storm they reckon was the worst in over 100 years , so going back . Tralee was different class tho from 9 totally different from the back some the views were incredible . only downside was the starter insisting we play with some random guy who turned up , no chance was that happening after paying what we did.

Youve probably got the best to look forward to at Waterville then.

I prefered Tralee overall, as waterville had an average start for me. However from about 5 or 6 onwards it just gets better and better, so think you've still got something to look forward to.(y)

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
To be honest we didn't see much of the course it was a case of hearts down and battle thru the wind and rain haha but Tralee we played in glorious sunshine , we'd me Shane Lowry that day and he said he was 5 under for the front 9 and was just walking past to go to the 10th tee and that was of the back pegs some golf that.