King Kenny ??

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
"I have no problem being completely blinded by the legend and romanticism of Dalglish. Frankly, if I weren't, I'd have to wonder why I supported the club. But all of that aside, managers used to be given a good amount of time to put together what they were building. And really, football hasn't changed, it's only the people watching it that has.

And anyways, two years ago if someone told me Dalglish was coming back as manager and we were going to give him £100m and he was going to blow the lot on silver platters of coke and hookers, I'd have replied, "Yeah, but Kenny's going to be our manager."

When I talk to people who feel different, by the point in the conversation that I realise they don't feel like me, the length of that conversation has already exceeded my interest in it.

He's Kenny. He may not be bigger than the club, but he was big enough to carry it on his shoulders. All this Twitter-age srubbish about "Kenny's not immune from criticism" and "Kenny's not untouchable" is for the birds. Yes, he is, actually. The sheer tonnage of what that man did on and off the pitch for our club would stop a million-head herd of buffalo in its tracks and amounts to more than everything all the knobs in the Twitterverse have ever contributed in their lives. So they get to shut up, and he gets to manage our club. Because if the time comes when he isn't the man for the job anymore, then who am I going to trust to realise that? Mr Kenneth Dalglish himself, or some knob on the internet?

We're Liverpool Football Club. Sort yourselves out. "

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
"I have no problem being completely blinded by the legend and romanticism of Dalglish. Frankly, if I weren't, I'd have to wonder why I supported the club. But all of that aside, managers used to be given a good amount of time to put together what they were building. And really, football hasn't changed, it's only the people watching it that has.

And anyways, two years ago if someone told me Dalglish was coming back as manager and we were going to give him £100m and he was going to blow the lot on silver platters of coke and hookers, I'd have replied, "Yeah, but Kenny's going to be our manager."

When I talk to people who feel different, by the point in the conversation that I realise they don't feel like me, the length of that conversation has already exceeded my interest in it.

He's Kenny. He may not be bigger than the club, but he was big enough to carry it on his shoulders. All this Twitter-age srubbish about "Kenny's not immune from criticism" and "Kenny's not untouchable" is for the birds. Yes, he is, actually. The sheer tonnage of what that man did on and off the pitch for our club would stop a million-head herd of buffalo in its tracks and amounts to more than everything all the knobs in the Twitterverse have ever contributed in their lives. So they get to shut up, and he gets to manage our club. Because if the time comes when he isn't the man for the job anymore, then who am I going to trust to realise that? Mr Kenneth Dalglish himself, or some knob on the internet?

We're Liverpool Football Club. Sort yourselves out. "

Nice impassioned defence Atticus. Your right to an extent, it is ok other club's fans seeing everything in the cold light of day. I know they will say that that is what is needed. But it is our club and we will make our own mistakes. In this time of not much passion and loyalty, we are being slagged off for it.

You pick your clubs well - Carnoustie and LFC, lucky chap.

BTW - would this weeks goal of the season have been Torres's shot that hit the bar, if that would have gone in. Fantastic first touch, short burst of pace, then what was nearly one of the best finishes I'd ever seen with a powerful well placed shot?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mourinho apparently :D

They will need someone of this stature to get them up the table.
Imo it will take a couple of years even to get them in the top four.
All the real big players have clubs,and Liverpool need at least 8 new ones.
Dalglish is king Kenny to Liverpool fans.
And to me as a utd supporter he was a great player.
But his management style is poor,also hes a nightmare with the press.
Good luck to him in whatever he does,but imo its time to move on for
Liverpool before its too late.

D

Deleted member 1740

They will need someone of this stature to get them up the table.
Imo it will take a couple of years even to get them in the top four.
All the real big players have clubs,and Liverpool need at least 8 new ones.
Dalglish is king Kenny to Liverpool fans.
And to me as a utd supporter he was a great player.
But his management style is poor,also hes a nightmare with the press.
Good luck to him in whatever he does,but imo its time to move on for
Liverpool before its too late.

And the press have been very polite to and about him every week haven't they.

Another rumour from Twitter.

Sacking dalglish is not the answer

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
And the press have been very polite to and about him every week haven't they.

Another rumour from Twitter.

Sacking dalglish is not the answer

I think sacking Daglish is a way forward.
But it has to be someone with experience at a big club that comes in.
The team itself needs a massive overhall.
You need a manager that attracts big players,if Liverpool can
afford them.

T

thecraw

Dalgleish was the easy simple lazy way forward which has been proven so. If Liverpool want to progress they need a forward thinking strong and ambitious manager. Basically everything that "King Kenny" is not!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Dalgleish was the easy simple lazy way forward which has been proven so. If Liverpool want to progress they need a forward thinking strong and ambitious manager. Basically everything that "King Kenny" is not!

Neil Lennon then......?:clap:;)

Seriously,I really don't get these folk who still say booting him isn't the answer. What has he done that merits backing him bar winning a mickey moose cup?

D

Deleted member 1740

I think sacking Daglish is a way forward.
But it has to be someone with experience at a big club that comes in.
The team itself needs a massive overhall.
You need a manager that attracts big players,if Liverpool can
afford them.

The last 2 days names like Lambert Martinez have been linked with us and both will be no improvement whatsoever.

How long will the next manager be given??

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The last 2 days names like Lambert Martinez have been linked with us and both will be no improvement whatsoever.

How long will the next manager be given??

Read the reply first.
I said a big manager with experience.
If Liverpool carry on with managers like you have mentioned
they wont improve.
Liverpool need a major overhall or it will get worse.
32 Points behind City is ridiculous for a club of your stature.
Surely Daglish has a lot to answer too.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site

Seriously? Lambert wouldn't be an improvement? He has done a magnificent job with Norwich. Martinez might not be that great granted, but to say they would be no improvement whatsoever is laughable.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seriously? Lambert wouldn't be an improvement? He has done a magnificent job with Norwich. Martinez might not be that great granted, but to say they would be no improvement whatsoever is laughable.

He has but there's no massive pressure at Norwich, they've stayed up and he's the man of the moment if they went down then it wouldn't have been that bigger shock. Granted he seems like a decent manager who can work with players without the ability or profile of most of the Liverpool squad, its a massive jump from Norwich to Liverpool and I'm not sure he'd be up to it plus like someone else said surely a more experienced tougher manager would now be suited to come in and make drastic changes throughout the squad. Martinez is similar and I think would be best equipped for the Villa job - go in, turn them round, work with the younger players they have and develop them alongside some new more experienced heads whilst trying to keep players like Given, Dunn, Agbonlahor, Petrov (perhaps), Ireland. Plus he'd get the backing of the Villa fans from the start, they can't do much worse than this season.