kicked off a competition for being a 22 handicap!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visit site
my first 2 cards were 95 and 101 ,but I'm in a transition stage at the moment I've had a couple off really good lessons, I'm hitting the ball a lot better so all my distances have changed quite dramatically so i am very erratic.i would normally get 85-90

Visit site
i had signed in, in the pro shop first 2 times, i didn't pay because the captain told me no point as i was just activating my handicap, the guy i gave a lift back didn't tell me he was getting me kicked out he said he wanted to check a ruling.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Our club makes any new member whether they have joined with a valid hc from another club or put in 3 cards there to get their hc, to play in 3 non major/board comps (ie standard medal or stableford) in order to validate their handicap accurately.

There was a stint a few years back apparently where new members joined with a active handicap and cleared up in most majors that year as it turned out their hc's hadn't been adjusted for a few months at prior clubs, or that their three cards under pressure wasn't a true reflection of their ability.

Either way:
A) this should have been made clear to the pro as it seems this is what your club was trying to do in a round about way
B) your playing partners are to far up their own arse!

Either way I'd be looking for an explanation as to why new members are treated like this by golfers who should know better and would have started at your level at one point, and why the pro conducted himself is such an untactful manor.

In short, I'd be p155ed!!!

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
OP started an "update" thread in OOB, for the sake of good order I have moved it to the Lounge and closed the original thread.
May merge both threads later, will take a view.

Status
Not open for further replies.