Katie Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
True story.
Was fishing a lake surrounded by woods in which pheasants were bred for the shooting season.
December , and the shooters were out going round the lake. Lead flying into the lake, all sorts of bangs etc.
A pheasant flew out over the lake in front of me and then plunged into the water. Poor bugger , I thought.
Then I saw it swim/scamper across the water into and under the bank some yards to my right.
The shooters moved on and quiet returned
The pheasant, emerged, scrabble part up the bank and flew off!

coincidence .....or clever animal?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
True story.
Was fishing a lake surrounded by woods in which pheasants were bred for the shooting season.
December , and the shooters were out going round the lake. Lead flying into the lake, all sorts of bangs etc.
A pheasant flew out over the lake in front of me and then plunged into the water. Poor bugger , I thought.
Then I saw it swim/scamper across the water into and under the bank some yards to my right.
The shooters moved on and quiet returned
The pheasant, emerged, scrabble part up the bank and flew off!

coincidence .....or clever animal?

Na pheasants are utterly stupid

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Case being heard today, from I've read the drug charges have been dropped so expect a fine, community service and she'll be off to Dubai for some winter sun and photo ops.

Alright for someone who's bankrupt.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Case being heard today, from I've read the drug charges have been dropped so expect a fine, community service and she'll be off to Dubai for some winter sun and photo ops.

Alright for someone who's bankrupt.
Damn, hoped the update would be she is being rightly locked up and banned for life. She will hurt someone one day, or worse.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Water off a ducks back.
Been banned on 5 occasions previously. Admitted taking drugs and alcohol. No insurance.
Great opportunity for the courts to send a ‘get tough’ message but completely missed.
Does anyone really believe she won’t be behind the wheel again in the New Year?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Na pheasants are utterly stupid
My most memorable golfing related pheasant incident was at Formby many years ago in a meet of a different forum. Probably 95% of my non-tee/non-putt shots were preceded by the characteristic, and off-putting, squawk from a pheasant. It was as if the same one was following rounding and warning its' mates! By half way around, it was just as off-putting when there wasn't a squawk!

And non-golfing...Was returning from umpiring hockey at Bradford College many years ago when the car a hundred yards or so ahead slammed on the anchors and there was an explosion of feathers. Poor single female driver was pretty shocked and while I was 'consoling' her a Range Rover came round the corner, sussed the circumstances, reversed back, picked up the carcass and carried on down the road! That was so humorous, her shock disappeared! Having hit a well-fed pigeon at motorway speed (on the M4 by Leigh Delaware services on my way to an interview in Wales) I can understand her reaction!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
The judge said it was one of the worst cases she had seen yet proceeded to do precisely diddly about it. The sort of judgement that just makes me feel angry. Let's hope the local police keep a very close eye out for her and stop her hurting anyone going forwards.
Appropriate penalty, while (perhaps) saving taxpayers money.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Appropriate penalty, while (perhaps) saving taxpayers money.
She has banned her from driving. She was already banned so that is pointless, she clearly doesn't take notice of that.

This was offence number 5 I believe so not a first timer or an oops, my mistake.

What has to happen before she is sent to jail, keeping the public safe for a short period and possibly giving her the shock she needs? Don't forget, she tested positive for drink and drugs at the scene, her car was upside down in a ditch ?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It might not save money in the long run, assuming, as before, she won't have learned her lesson and goes on to kill someone

Given her prior offending, this sentence is woefully inadequate but, as I said way back at the beginning of this thread it takes an enormous amount before the judicial system in the country passes a custodial sentence on women offenders, especially for motoring offences. As such, the fact this awful woman had dodged the bullet yet again comes as no surprise.

The odds must be very short on her offending yet again and seeing her suspended sentence invoked. Let’s just hope she doesn’t kill somebody in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.