Katie Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If she's going bankrupt again....who's paying for The Priory..?
Perhaps the Priory itself? All good publicity for them, keeps their name at the forefront of this type of treatment. Most of what she has will be given to her for free, it's the way of the modern z lister.

Brads

Visit site
I agree. She has no sense of consequence so should be punished properly, but if ever there was someone totally screwed up by fame and money it’s her.
Some of the things done to her are appalling but it’s no excuse for drunk driving.
I actually disagree with throwing her in jail etc. It creates criminals in my view as opposed to curing them, but she should never be allowed to drive again. That’s for sure.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I agree. She has no sense of consequence so should be punished properly, but if ever there was someone totally screwed up by fame and money it’s her.
Some of the things done to her are appalling but it’s no excuse for drunk driving.
I actually disagree with throwing her in jail etc. It creates criminals in my view as opposed to curing them, but she should never be allowed to drive again. That’s for sure.

she is already a criminal and was banned from driving until December so she clearly doesn't give a toss about the ban. she even admitted on GMB on Monday that she was banned but needed more nose candy

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Being in a mess and need of help does not absolve her of taken responsibility for her actions and the consequences she should face.

That's a bit of a deflection from the meaning of your post 55, which suggests she needs help ,as opposed to punishment and keeping her from harming others.
Make your mind up. Either you keep helping offenders or you deter them by unpleasant consequences. Most think that there are some offenders who consider the "help" being given as weakness ,and to be taken advantage of ,so that their behaviour can continue. And therefore it doesn't achieve anything.

Swango1980

Visit site
Crashed her car at 6am while allegedly off her face. Currently serving a six month driving ban. Been banned 6 times in the last 10 years.

Does there not come a point when people like this with a total disregard for society's rules get their licence ripped up permanently?
Not read all the comments, but what surprised me was that, when I saw the headlines (on Sky News) they were very sympathetic. The headline and story was primarily worried about her mental health, and less critical about the consequences of her actions. Just lucky no one was hurt, such as hitting someone head on or hitting a pedestrian.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
she is already a criminal and was banned from driving until December so she clearly doesn't give a toss about the ban. she even admitted on GMB on Monday that she was banned but needed more nose candy

Just wondering how many more times she has got behind the wheel while drunk and drugged up but got away with it ? Seems the norm to her to drive around off her tits.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just wondering how many more times she has got behind the wheel while drunk and drugged up but got away with it ? Seems the norm to her to drive around off her tits.

reading the reports from her hearing, her defence lawyer said it was a "one off."

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Maybe just a short, say 4 weeks, in jail just to show her what she's going to experience if she ever gets behind the wheel of a car again whilst banned. Maybe after she's had the short sentence tell her that the next one will be for a year if she transgresses again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
And how do you that, without locking her up, given that she ignores the bans?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That's a bit of a deflection from the meaning of your post 55, which suggests she needs help ,as opposed to punishment and keeping her from harming others.
Make your mind up. Either you keep helping offenders or you deter them by unpleasant consequences. Most think that there are some offenders who consider the "help" being given as weakness ,and to be taken advantage of ,so that their behaviour can continue. And therefore it doesn't achieve anything.
Did I say in my post that she should not be punished or that leniency should be shown. No I didn’t. Compassion is free and is not mutually exclusive from punishment. She is in a mess; her life is in a mess.

Not one of us is perfect. We have all made mistakes in life and most of the time we have got away with it with few or no consequences. Some of us have done stupid, illegal or dangerous things, sometimes many times, and though maybe not feeling the finger of the law on our collars have really pushed those close to us near to breaking point - or indeed past breaking point. But though we may well have been punished in some way, we may have been fortunate to be able, through time, to make amends through the compassion, forgiveness and support of others.

And so it is best for me not to judge her, I will let the state and judiciary do that, and I will not throw the vile abuse that some are doing (Not on here). What she has done she has done and I do not condone her actions in any way. But we the public especially do not need to push her over the edge…as we do not need to look hard into the world of the celebrity to see what can happen through public abuse and attack, and where that can lead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.