Katie Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Crashed her car at 6am while allegedly off her face. Currently serving a six month driving ban. Been banned 6 times in the last 10 years.

Does there not come a point when people like this with a total disregard for society's rules get their licence ripped up permanently?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Forget ripping up a licence, at what point do they stay at one of Her Majesty's establishments?

She clearly doesn't respect the law, what else can you do to keep others safe from her behaviour? Banning her from driving has failed to work, it needs to step up a notch.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Forget ripping up a licence, at what point do they stay at one of Her Majesty's establishments?

She clearly doesn't respect the law, what else can you do to keep others safe from her behaviour? Banning her from driving has failed to work, it needs to step up a notch.

Totally agree. Driving while banned should be an automatic go to jail card. Particularly if the offender is under the influence.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
October 2003 Escaped a speeding charge on a technicality after cops failed to arrest her within 12 weeks. Her Range Rover was allegedly clocked at 70mph in a 40mph zone.

June 2008 Given three penalty points, fined £200 and ordered to pay £80 costs at Feltham magistrates' court for talking on her mobile phone while driving on April 18.

January 2009 Let off on a legal technicality by Brighton magistrates after allegedly breaking a 30mph limit and not providing the identity of the driver to police.

July 2010 Convicted in her absence by Crawley magistrates after cameras caught her speeding at 99 mph on September 16, 2009. Her lawyer argued she was only speeding because she was being hounded by the paparazzi, but police said there were no other speeding vehicles around. She was fined £250, ordered to pay £500 prosecution costs and given four points on her licence.

September 2010 Convicted at Mid-Sussex Magistrates' Court for failing to be in proper control of her 7.5-ton lurid pink horsebox after veering into another lane in Sussex on February 19. She was fined £1,000, ordered to pay £650 court costs and a £15 victim surcharge and given three points on her licence, taking her tally to 10.

December 2010 Banned from driving ban for six months after she was caught on speed camera travelling at 83mph in a 70mph zone on the A23 in Pyecombe, West Sussex on 10 December 2009. Ms Price, who did not attend the hearing, pleaded guilty to the charge. In her absence, she was fined £1,000 and given three penalty points on her license (taking her total at that time to 13 points). This took her over the 12-point limit and brought an automatic six-month driving ban and so she was disqualified from driving for six months.

August 2012 Barred from driving on the roads for 12 months, after failing to respond to two speeding tickets. She had been caught speeding in London on September 5 and September 6 2011. The glamour model argued that all of her post was dealt with by her mother and she had never seen the prosecution warnings. Ms Price, who already had six points on her licence at the time, was given six more and banned for 12 months. She was also fined £400.

February 2018 Banned from driving for six months after doing 60mph on the 50mph A24. She already had points on her license. Following the incident in Dial Post, West Sussex in 2017, Ms Price failed to tell police when the speeding ticket arrived and was charged with failing to provide details about the person driving. She failed to show up at magistrates' court and was given a six-month ban and a £750 fine.

July 2018 In July she was was questioned by police after photographs emerged of her getting behind the wheel of her car while still banned from the road. Pictures revealed Ms Price driving her grey Ford Fiesta home from Gatwick with her youngest kids Jett, aged four, and Bunny, aged three. She handed herself into police and took to Instagram to insist that she thought the ban was over - but as soon as she realised it wasn't, confessed her wrongdoing to authorities to avoid a 'guilty conscience.' The former glamour model said at the time: 'After driving to Harvey's Hospital appointment I have NOW found out that I don't get my licence back until 8th August.'

September 2018 Crashed her £63,000 Ranger Rover on September 26, while allegedly on her mobile phone. The crash was reported to the police. Marketing executive Katie Pugh, 23, told how the troubled star rear-ended her Mercedes as they were stuck in traffic on the A3 in Roehampton, Surrey. Pugh said she looked up into her rear-view mirror and noticed Ms Price appearing to be looking at her phone moments before the collision at around 5.30PM on September 26.

October 2018 Arrested on suspicion of drink-driving in the earlier hours of the morning on October 10, after being found by police in her garish pink Range Rover in Woolwich, East London. Ms Price had allegedly been partying with ex-boyfriend Kris Boyson helping him celebrate his 30th birthday when her car ended up hitting a parked car. She took a roadside breath test and was taken to Plumstead Police station where she was released after a night in the cells. Ms Price was then photographed driving her car without wearing her seatbelt, just 36 hours after her drink driving arrest - an infraction that carries a £100 fine.

December 2018 Charged by postal requisition over her drink-driving charge

January 2019 Caught driving while disqualified, and was given another three months.

February 2019 Served a further three month ban after being convicted of drink-driving in October 2018.

Autumn 2019 Issued with her sixth ban - a two-year disqualification - which she appealed. It was reduced to 18 months.

March 2021 Gets behind the wheel of boyfriend Carl Wood's Range Rover weeks before her 18-month ban is lifted. Questioned by police over the matter

September 28 2021 Ms Price is allegedly hospitalised and arrested for drink-driving after being involved in an early hours crash.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I suspect that there are plenty out there whose feet wouldn’t touch the ground before the heavy door was slammed. KP must have mitigating circumstances.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
If she was on here, she’d have been Fraggered long ago

Some demons going on, but she shows total disregard for the law and the safety of herself and others,

Is it in the public interest to lock her up?
She is a danger to others, so yes

6 months inside might change her, but it might not

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Alas, it takes an enormous amount to see women receive a custodial sentence, especially when it comes to driving offences. I fear she won’t stop until she kills someone.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Alas, it takes an enormous amount to see women receive a custodial sentence, especially when it comes to driving offences. I fear she won’t stop until she kills someone.
And even that don’t always lead to a custodial sentence. ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
She clearly believes the law doesn't apply to her, and I'm absolutely astonished that rap sheet hasn't led to prison already! What are they doing, waiting until she kills someone? What's the point of repeatedly banning someone from driving when all they do is continually ignore the ban??

Don Barzini

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As someone has said, she definitely has her demons going on and I sympathise with that side of her life.

But, given her long and proven track record of driving offences I certainly do believe it’s time that harsher punishment was handed out.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Why is that ? Is it just prison space ?

I’ve never been entirely sure. Space will probably be a factor, but I also think there is just an overwhelming reluctance to jail women, especially those who are mothers to dependent children.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never been entirely sure. Space will probably be a factor, but I also think there is just an overwhelming reluctance to jail women, especially those who are mothers to dependent children.
I suppose in the end the damage will extend to the family , or that’s the theory anyway.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being a rather dim, but famous, over-entitled nonebrity is not a valid mental health defence, in my opinion. She has a long history of knowingly flouting the law and it is a miracle she hasn't killed someone, including herself. Most people thrown in chokey for driving offences adversely affect their family. Few of them have the resources and the inevitable promise of tearful interviews afterwards that she does. If you think this means I don't have much sympathy for her, you aren't wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.