Katie Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I see her family/PR company have released a statement playing the addiction and mental health cards, obviously the good old BBC are all over it and muddying the waters.
No doubt we'll have a tearful Piers Morgan interview in the near future once the dust has settled.
Is it just me that thinks the rap sheet posted by RB shows someone who doesn't give a shite about the law rather than being an addict with mental issues?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I see her family/PR company have released a statement playing the addiction and mental health cards, obviously the good old BBC are all over it and muddying the waters.
No doubt we'll have a tearful Piers Morgan interview in the near future once the dust has settled.
Is it just me that thinks the rap sheet posted by RB shows someone who doesn't give a shite about the law rather than being an addict with mental issues?

i struggle with my mental health but still know not to drive when drunk

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

She probably has some mental issues - no use in speculating on what those may be - but whilst the red tops may accept those issues as an excuse for her behaviour, the courts and forensic psychiatrists may be less forgiving.

The US has long seen addiction as a disease about which the patient may not be able to do much, the whole thing is wrapped up in the AA 12 step programme, a bit of God-bothering and all that stuff. The UK has tended traditionally to see addiction as a behaviour under the control of the patient, but there is an incentive among patients and voluntary organisations to prefer the US approach, so we have seen a slide in that direction. I think that is a problem as it tends to absolve the patient from responsibility, which seems like a recipe for failure.

Miller

Visit site
I think it's all gone pear-shaped for her after a brief stint on Celebrity Masterchef didn't have the hoped outcome of kick-starting her career.

But yes, she has issues and really needs to listen and heed what little management staff she has.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
A big part of the problem here is people giving Katie Price (and other Z list celebrities) the time of day. She shouldnt be treated any differently to other members of the public who commit the same offences, for everyone else this will involved no media circus and the appropriate punishment.

I know this is the out of bounds section, but Im sure we can find better topics to discuss.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It makes me mad when people get in front of the courts, usually for driving offences and manage to keep their licence by claiming some sort of hardship - that is the idea of a punishment/deterrent!!!! If people are still speeding with 20, 30, more points on their licence, what is their incentive to stop if they know they can just claim they will lose their job, etc?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Charged with driving without insurance and whilst disqualified.
Will need an expensive foreign holiday to recover no doubt.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
She’s a criminal. Like some other criminals I hope she finds that her mental and addiction issues are not a reasonable defence.

4LEX

Visit site
She'll be playing the online trolls victim card later on today to complete the royal flush.

But let's not forget the likes of Jack Grealish have committed various dangerous road crimes which have been swept under the carpet. He's now seen as a role model because he gives one shirt away every game.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
She'll be playing the online trolls victim card later on today to complete the royal flush.

But let's not forget the likes of Jack Grealish have committed various dangerous road crimes which have been swept under the carpet. He's now seen as a role model because he gives one shirt away every game.

How many previous bans had he got and was he ever banned at the time of an accident whilst drunk and allegedly high on the Colombian marching powder

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site

On this occasion let‘s forget about Grealish because this thread is about Katie Price. A woman who, in my opinion, adds nothing to the world. She is famous for exposing her breasts on many occasions when that was a trend and is now headline in the newspapers that published those pictures - funny how they have pictures of the overturned vehicle in a country lane in Sussex?
If this was Sharon from the local housing estate all hell would break lose, Katie Price should be treated no differently.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
On me way back from me hols in an hour. This time last week a guy received his sentence. He was driving through Derbyshire going home, he had drunk
“ a pint” after his round of golf. The night before he had a bit of coke. He allegedly lost concentration and killed me sis in law who was riding her Harley. He was not over the limit with both drugs or alcohol. His expensive barrister went to great lengths to emphasise what a good man he is and how sorry he was. His sentence 2yrs suspended for 6 months, wear a tag and not go out between 7 pm And 7 am. 300 hrs community service. He wants to be a primary school teacher. My brothers only consolation was his wife died instantly.

I really don’t know where to start re Katie Price. But the courts have failed us and continue to fail us. Crown prosecution service is not fit for purpose. Our courts have gone the same way as America where money gets you the best defence and a soft sentence.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
On me way back from me hols in an hour. This time last week a guy received his sentence. He was driving through Derbyshire going home, he had drunk
“ a pint” after his round of golf. The night before he had a bit of coke. He allegedly lost concentration and killed me sis in law who was riding her Harley. He was not over the limit with both drugs or alcohol. His expensive barrister went to great lengths to emphasise what a good man he is and how sorry he was. His sentence 2yrs suspended for 6 months, wear a tag and not go out between 7 pm And 7 am. 300 hrs community service. He wants to be a primary school teacher. By brothers only consolation was his wife died instantly.

I really don’t know where to start re Katie Price. But the courts have failed us and continue to fail us. Crown prosecution service is not fit for purpose. Our courts have gone the same way as America where money gets you the best defence and a soft sentence.

Thats absolute tragic Tashy! Sorry for your families loss.

No real justice served at all. Shocking.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thats absolute tragic Tashy! Sorry for your families loss.

No real justice served at all. Shocking.
I was gonna start a post as soon as I heard the sentence. I was seething. Not had Chance to see me bro yet. There’s just so much that I have not said that’s gone off.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Banning people from driving hasn't been working for years.
I remember when I was at home with Ma and Pa, the local rag came through the letterbox and it had a Court section.
Always looked at it to see if anyone I knew had been naughty..
15 to 20% of the entries were "Joe Bloggs..disqualified from driving for 12 months for driving while disqualified "
Yeah, well that worked didn't it.
I don't know what the answer is but the public stocks and a bowl of rotten fruit would be a start.....

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
[
“ a pint” after his round of golf. The night before he had a bit of coke. He allegedly lost concentration and killed me sis in law who was riding her Harley. He was not over the limit with both drugs or alcohol. His expensive barrister went to great lengths to emphasise what a good man he is and how sorry he was. His sentence 2yrs suspended for 6 months, wear a tag and not go out between 7 pm And 7 am. 300 hrs community service. He wants to be a primary school teacher. My brothers only consolation was his wife died instantly.

that's awful news mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.