Katie Price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I was knocked over as a kid by a drunk driver, I spent a week in hospital and almost lost an eye. Still have the scars.
So no sympathy from me.

Nor me. I spent 20 years scraping up the aftermath of carnage caused by the likes of Price.

For all my flippancy, the sentencing guidelines are both inadequate in the powers available, and often appallingly applied. She should be slopping out.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I would have given her 5 years, not suspended and make sure she serves all 5
That's probably why you are not a District Court Judge!
KP has 'previous' with this judge too, so her (KP's) habits are known. No doubt there will be conditions attached to the 'suspension' that, if broken, will mean actual jail time. I'm inclined to believe that - unless KP gets some proper help - there'll be jail time served.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Funny that the protesters who blocked the motorways get jail terms for contempt of court (rightly so) but Price has effectively ignored court orders not to repeat her offences on several occasions and doesn't get put away?

That was always my gripe when disqualified drivers were put before a court for continuing to drive, merely to get another ban, sometimes multiple times. Used to drive me nuts.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Maybe it’s about time interlocks are fitted to all vehicles, even retrospectively. For those that don’t know what they are, you breathe into a tube which analyses your breath. If your alcohol content is too high, the car won’t start.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My opinion is that the sentences for drink driving and causing death by dangerous driving aren't anywhere near harsh enough to act as a deterrent. A lad I was at school and college with got hammered one night and drove home despite already being banned from driving. On the way home he crossed into oncoming traffic while using his mobile phone and caused an accident which killed the driver of the car coming the other way. He got a sentence of 4 years and served two years before being released on license. Even double that would have been too lenient.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Funny that the protesters who blocked the motorways get jail terms for contempt of court (rightly so) but Price has effectively ignored court orders not to repeat her offences on several occasions and doesn't get put away?
I believe cases were in different Courts and, obviously, different offences and possibly, in KP's case, extenuating circumstances. There was also a serious amount of 'extra punishment' involved - (100 hours of unpaid work and 20 sessions of rehab withprobation). KP's case was in District Court. Insulate UK's Comtempt of Court cases were in the High Court. Contempt of Court is a somewhat peculiar/hybrid offence.

Last edited:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I believe cases were in different Courts and, obviously, different offences - and possibly, in KP's case, extenuating circumstances. KP's case was in District Court. Insulate UK's Comtempt of Court cases were in the High Court. Contempt of Court is a somewhat peculiar/hybrid offence.

Yes, I'm aware of the differences but drawing attention to the inequalities

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Nor me. I spent 20 years scraping up the aftermath of carnage caused by the likes of Price.

For all my flippancy, the sentencing guidelines are both inadequate in the powers available, and often appallingly applied. She should be slopping out.

Billy I love your posts to bits, But I think you are holding back a lot.

last year my Sis in law was killed by a driver. He had class A drugs in his system.But fortunately for him not over the limit. He had a drink after he left the golf club. He the drink/ drug driving under the limit person wiped out my sis in law, smashed up me bro and another.
This is where it gets interesting, the guy that killed my sis in law had money to spend on the best barristers. At magistrates and Crown court for the sentencing. His first advice was to plead guilty. It halved his sentence. He/ Barrister then stated it was not in the publics interest to include the injuries suffered to two injured motorcyclists to go alongside the death of a motorcyclist. It meant less charges. At the sentencing he put forward X number of letters of good character of this road killer. The CPS quite frankly was useless. The CPS has a phrase “ it is not in the publics interest“. The CPS does not serve the publics interest. Bottom line he killed someone and got a suspended sentence. A tag and community service. He is a primary school teacher. I could name the killer. I could go on and have a rant.But.
My point is, money buys you a better defence. Be it a killer or a woman who is famous for getting her tits out. The CPS is not fit for purpose and the prosecution system should be passed over to the police. The very people who have to deal with 99.9% of the very people who break the law.
Re law breakers. 99.9% of us do not break the law. And to that end the sentencing guidelines that are both inadequate under the powers that are available. Should be a lot tougher, in the sense that the punishment including custodial sentences should be part of the deterrent. They need massively updating and modernising
What shocks me re Katie Prices sentencing is she has been here before. Why her suspended sentence was not invoked before emphasises show antiquated our prosecution system is.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Given her prior offending, this sentence is woefully inadequate but, as I said way back at the beginning of this thread it takes an enormous amount before the judicial system in the country passes a custodial sentence on women offenders, especially for motoring offences. As such, the fact this awful woman had dodged the bullet yet again comes as no surprise.

The odds must be very short on her offending yet again and seeing her suspended sentence invoked. Let’s just hope she doesn’t kill somebody in the process.

Do you think her disabled son would have had any influence or bearing?

Status
Not open for further replies.