Justin Rose

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
If there's no play today then Rose will be given the win after leading after 3 rounds, and will knick DJ of the number 1 spot.

What a fantastic achievement and a great return for consistently being near the top of the leader board. Going back to when he turned pro and he struggled to make the cut and it looked like he could fade away. Now has a major under his belt and Olympic gold medal and is poised to become the best golfer in the world. What a player

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
I am a big fan or Rose. Ok, so he's maybe not quite as exciting as some of the other top players but he does take plenty of shots on and is as capable as anyone. I wouldn't describe him as a Faldo or Nicklaus type guy, who were very conservative and wouldn't take any risks unless they were required. He is much more like the modern player, in that regard.

His putting has obviously improved massively this season which has been the main difference for him.

If he wins this, he will have 4 wins in the last 12 months (WGC China, Turkish Airlines, Fort Worth and BMW). He certainly picks the right weeks to win. However the fact he was so close to no. 1 even without his 4th win, shows you what the likes of Brooks Koepka and Dustin Johnson are doing on weeks when they are not on it. Rose is massively consistent and frequently grinds out a top 5 or a top 10 on weeks when he's not playing all that well.

The Open Championship being a case in point. I watched a bit of him on the Friday and he was really struggling. Not holing many putts and was over par for the event. Obviously didn't look thrilled at the prospect of an Open Championship passing him by. In the car home I heard on the radio Rose playing 18, needing a birdie to make the cut. He stuck one in reasonably close and holed a pressure putt. Heard his interview and he said he knew exactly what the cut was and was trying to find one more shot from the 15th onwards (through some of the most difficult holes in tournament golf).

On the weekend he played incredibly well tee to green and finished T2. Could easily have won it had he holed a few more 10 to 12 footers as he certainly gave himself the chances.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Great to see, for his career it would be a great achievement, although ideally I'm sure there's some (maybe even himself) who would have liked it to have happened having completed a tournament not having had it cut short. However, hopefully that won't detract from what is a great professional accolade.

Calling the tournament after 3 rounds will see a new world no. 1, and guarantee a former no. 1 missing the tour championship - Rose the biggest winner, Spieth the most noteworthy loser (currently projected at 31 so his season would be over (Ryder Cup withstanding!)).