Just when you think America can’t get any crazier…

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another sacked a teacher for showing a picture of Mohammed. The teacher warmed the students and gave them the option to leave The room but they all stayed.
1 bedwetter complained that she wasn’t prepared and others who weren’t in the room peed their pants and jumped on the bandwagon.

What, the greatest boxer of all time, was it the famous picture where he is standing over his opponent he’s just knocked out.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
What, the greatest boxer of all time, was it the famous picture where he is standing over his opponent he’s just knocked out.
The sad thing is, that is quite funny. However in some circles you would lose your head for such a comment ☹️

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Another sacked a teacher for showing a picture of Mohammed. The teacher warmed the students and gave them the option to leave The room but they all stayed.
1 bedwetter complained that she wasn’t prepared and others who weren’t in the room peed their pants and jumped on the bandwagon.
Out of interest where did this happen?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Honorific video overnight showing the 5 police officers with the man they stopped and later died. What were they thinking of when they had body cams on.

His mother came over really well and hope common sense prevails . I fear for the worst and hope for the best.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Honorific video overnight showing the 5 police officers with the man they stopped and later died. What were they thinking of when they had body cams on.

His mother came over really well and hope common sense prevails . I fear for the worst and hope for the best.

I didn't watch the video but read the timeline of events and just total disgust. I could try to imagine his fear but of course can't. Just awful. He called for his Mum :cry:

Evil, evil bullies. Just beggars belief. We think we have issues within the Met but crikey the brutality of the US police is a whole different level. Not even as if this one can be put down to racism, although can't help but think weirdly that is still part of it.

Crumplezone

Visit site

Actions like this are clearly done to deliberately provoke. Although the truth of anything in either of those publications must be doubted. Is not a problem of Islam, it's the problem of the people who do this kind of thing knowing that figurative art is forbidden by islam and images of Muhammed are considered blasphemous.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't watch the video but read the timeline of events and just total disgust. I could try to imagine his fear but of course can't. Just awful. He called for his Mum :cry:

Evil, evil bullies. Just beggars belief. We think we have issues within the Met but crikey the brutality of the US police is a whole different level. Not even as if this one can be put down to racism, although can't help but think weirdly that is still part of it.

Why was I assuming the police officers involved were white?
I was shocked when I read that the five officers involved were all black, having assumed that it was a racist attack.
Turns out it was just pure, brutal violence.
Shocking.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Actions like this are clearly done to deliberately provoke. Although the truth of anything in either of those publications must be doubted. Is not a problem of Islam, it's the problem of the people who do this kind of thing knowing that figurative art is forbidden by islam and images of Muhammed are considered blasphemous.

So what is it then, the papers are lying (I could have posted 10 different sources reporting the same thing) or Islamic intolerance to figurative art?

Love this Quote of the day by Salman Rushdie

“One of the things that is a classic trope of the religious bigot, is while they’re denying people their rights, they claim that their rights are being denied. While they are persecuting people, they claim to be persecuted. While they are behaving colossally offensively, they claim to be the offended party.”

He’s not wrong is he?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was shocked when I read that the five officers involved were all black, having assumed that it was a racist attack.
Shocking.

I can't help but wonder if their actions would be the same if the guy were white though. I know it happens but I have a niggling doubt and hence that there may be some sense of racism involved.

What human being does that to another though? Two of them fist bumped when they'd just about killed him...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Shocking.

Looks like pack mentality to me coupled with them acting all gangster.
Shocking footage and I’ve only watched the edited version.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
????

In the first instance the teacher warned she was going to show the picture and gave students the chance to leave the room but no one did.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There is just so much about the Tyre death that is wrong.

Quote,
The Memphis Police Department has disbanded the so-called Scorpion special unit, whose officers are accused of murdering Tyre Nichols.
Scorpion stands for "Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods".

How has scorpion come even close to restoring peace to the neighbourhood. It was the polar opposite.

Quote,
Tyre,s mother said.
“the five sacked black police officers had let down the black community and disgraced their families”.

Why just the Black community? What about the community as a whole, they are there to police the whole community irrespective of colour. What happened re “ To serve and protect”. What about the police community’ Were they not let down.

I have read quite a few things about this incident that have disturbed me. Tyres mother has asked for folk not to view the beating, but other beatings by officers of different colour have been used as an example of racism. Blacks have found the viewing of this beating as “ uncomfortable “. Surely any beating is uncomfortable.

For me this murder asks many uncomfortably questions re the direction America Is heading.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems to me that it's the church community people who were on the news last night who were the most vociferous in bringing this about. It's like going back to the stone age imo!

The church in all its forms, due to the nutters it harbours, can be blamed for most of the nastiness in the world.

D-S

Visit site
No doubt there will be thoughts and prayers as usual for the victims though, they don’t seem to have done much good so far.
Just the 130 mass shootings this year in the US so far this year.

D-S

Visit site
You really can’t make it up -

Gun-control advocates have criticised Andy Ogles, the Republican who represents the school’s district, over a picture they claim he used on his family's Christmas card last year. The image, which has 17.2 million views on Twitter, shows Mr Ogles and his family, including young children, carrying assault rifles.

After the school shooting yesterday, he offered thoughts and prayers for the victims in a written statement.”