just starting to play

steve6371

Hacker
Visit site
I was looking for advice on clubs. I've just started to play golf and have been given lots of advice on what clubs to buy.

Please could someone advise me on what brand of club to buy that will suit me as a beginner but will also see me through when I start improving so I don't have to replace then in 6 months or so.

Thanks

Steve

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Welcome along. Do you have any clubs of your own at the moment? If so I would keep hold of them at the moment and invest money in a series of lessons. If you get the basics right it will hold you in good stead throughout your golfing career.

If you do want to invest in clubs then my personal choices would be makes like Ping G5 or G10, or Callaway X16, X20 or X22 or

steve6371

Hacker
Visit site
I do not have any clubs I have been using a friends on the driving range and around the putting green.

Thank you for your advice.

Steve

Sid Rixon IV

Head Pro
Visit site
I was looking for advice on clubs. I've just started to play golf and have been given lots of advice on what clubs to buy.

Please could someone advise me on what brand of club to buy that will suit me as a beginner but will also see me through when I start improving so I don't have to replace then in 6 months or so.

Thanks

Steve

Have you joined a golf club Steve?
Does your pro sell a range of clubs?
Mine suggested clubs for me (Ive had several lessons so he knows my swing and foibles) and let me hit shots out on the course.
He used his laptop and "launch pad" to track distance and trajectory against my current clubs to show the improvement and then matched the best Internet price I could find.
Stores like American Golf can do similar with a simulation screen in store.

steve6371

Hacker
Visit site
No I've not joined a golf club yet. Just been to a local one with a mate and used his clubs on the range and around the putting green.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello and welcome . Just buy a cheapish second hand set to start, maybe the same type as your mates because you will change them a few times as your swing and ability changes .Best of luck and enjoy :fore: