Just Back From Belek.

AliMc

Visit site
Were you in one of the two 4 balls that played at Dunbar on the Sunday, around 12:00, before you left for Turkey, I was in the 2 ball, along with my mate, that got through both groups on the 3rd and 5th

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I got it coming back from a hectic week in Cairo. I thought it was cos my immune system was low, but a nurse said to me since it was dehydration. You tend not to drink enough water when you’re out of your routine. Couple that with more beers than you’d normally have and or sunshine and you dehydrate a lot more than you think. It’s made me change the way I travel. Just coming back from Norway and I’ve drank way more water than I would normally. If you travel a lot with work or even hols keep it in mind.

Hope you’re not too sick.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
We flew Jet2 from Edinburgh direct to Antalya. Some of the guys are returning in October and are flying Turkish Airlines from Edinburgh to Antalya direct.

I would say however, that once again, the handling agents at Edinburgh were appalling. No stairs to the aircraft when we arrived, All crammed into a shuttle bus and having to wait in it for over 20 mins before it moved and an extraordinary wait for baggage reclaim! Recent press reports are warning of disruption in the future at Edinburgh Airport. I can't imagine how it could be any worse!

Just back from Majorca on Monday past, we landed 10mins early and then had a 2 hour wait for our case, worst I’ve experienced at Edinburgh.
Get well soon though Clive ??

Dingy

Visit site
I've got it as well, probably caught it at work because there are a load of cases at the moment. I deliver bread to shops and masks and social distancing have disappeared in the last month or so, even in the large supermarkets.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have 18 going to Turkey next weeks. We are already running a sweep on how many test positive when they get back. Think its inevitable with so many people from different countries and vaccination status mixing together

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Edinburgh has been in decline for years as soon as they tried to make very penny they could out the place. Think its second only to Manchester in terms of awful airports. (Admittedly a long way behind Manchester, utterly appalling airport)
Never used Manchester or Edinburgh airports, but am shocked to hear that there are places worse than Luton o_O

peld

Visit site
Never used Manchester or Edinburgh airports, but am shocked to hear that there are places worse than Luton o_O
Luton isnt that bad, just out the way
Edinburgh is a nice new airport - facilities are good. The lack of staffing and management are the issue (plus the bloody drop off fees!)

Manchester is just awful in every conceivable way. Old, understaffed, crappy buildings etc