Joining first club

FAB90

Visit site
Hi am looking at joing a club for the first time and it says on the application form that there will be an interview with the membership committee. What sort of things will they be asking and do they actually refuse people after the interviews? Thanks

Last edited:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Full family history, including any criminal records. Full medical history.. Full work history, including P60's from the last 5 years..

Or, just a chat about the club and a brief bit about yourself..

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
It will vary significantly depending on the club, and the category of membership you are applying for.
Generally they are simply looking to establish that you are a normal human being (by their measure) on the one hand, and that you have a good picture of the club and how it operates, on the other. It's a two way thing.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wish my club did something like that, it’s all been a little ‘flat’ when and since joining, a real shame.
Glad you posted that - from the club's perspective it's often a challenge (as reflected on here in posts) with soft touch plus a load of communication from membership, intro letter from Captain then...nothing, becoming the less than satisfactory norm.

shane3003

Visit site
I think it would have been nice, being relatively new to golf and never having joined a club before. I’ve just felt kinda lost about the whole thing, and haven’t been paired up with any other members, despite asking repeatedly!

FAB90

Visit site
OK, i don't know it but theres boys on here who are from down that way they may be able to give you some good advice;)

good luck with the interview anyway

Thanks still got to put in my application but got that today so hopefully get it in over the next couple of days then see from there what happens.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bonnyton golf club
My guess is they will be pretty keen for you to join a lot of golf clubs in the area are short of members.
I've played it a couple of times and think it's a cracking course.
I used to work with a member who said it was really friendly club but he's retired a while ago and I can't give you any info.