Joining fees creeping back ?

D

Deleted member 3432

I have no issue what you drive and my club doesn't either. We have some Aston Martins alongside plumber vans. Turn up, be good company on and off the course. Doesn't matter your background, job, or wealth to me

Plenty of plumbers and builders vans for the members and Aston's and Bentley's for the visitors ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Are most people in here that are quite happy to pay the thousands in joining fees be more likely to turn their noses up at me if I’d roll up to their club as a visitor in my white van?
Course I play at has a very eclectic mix of vehicles - from White Vans to Bentleys/RRs and a couple of Black Cabs that normally indicate a great value course. No separate Member/Visitors park either.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Course I play at has a very eclectic mix of vehicles - from White Vans to Bentleys/RRs and a couple of Black Cabs that normally indicate a great value course. No separate Member/Visitors park either.

Still find that a random golf irritation when you turn up at a club and are required to park in a visitors car park, usually a long way from the clubhouse, some I've been to in poor repair and badly lit. I prefer the attitude a lot of clubs now have that if you're a visitor you're a member for the day

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Still find that a random golf irritation when you turn up at a club and are required to park in a visitors car park, usually a long way from the clubhouse, some I've been to in poor repair and badly lit. I prefer the attitude a lot of clubs now have that if you're a visitor you're a member for the day
I've never belonged to a club that has separate member/visitor car parks.

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Depends if it has a big cock drawn on the back doors and the usual “I wish my GF was this dirty” quote

Mine says "Please pass quietly. The Asylum Seekers are sleeping"

No it doesn’t. I find them all as cringeworthy as the next.

As long as you park it in the visitors car park, change in the visitors changing room & pay the full green fee, drive what you like. ?

Can’t tell if this post is serious or not?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There's absolutely no way i'd pay a 1k+ joining fee for any club in the North East
I'm trying to think where could possibly get away with that figure up here. Close House and Rockcliffe are the only two but I don't believe either have one, although I could be wrong. Would you add any others to that list?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I'm trying to think where could possibly get away with that figure up here. Close House and Rockcliffe are the only two but I don't believe either have one, although I could be wrong. Would you add any others to that list?

Nope i think they would be the only two with joining fee potential. Sharpley might just because they come across as preferring the green fee income to actually having members :ROFLMAO:

Swango1980

Visit site
Not sure how far up in the North East we are talking, but I googled best courses in North East, and the list came back:

1. Ganton
2. Alwoodley
3. Moortown
4. Lindrick
5. Seaton Carew (I've actually played there)
6. Berwick-upon Tweed
7. Close House (Colt)
8. Fulford
9. Pannal
10. Hallamshire (due to play there in September)

Not sure what the fees are at these places (the first few don't publicise it on their website).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure how far up in the North East we are talking, but I googled best courses in North East, and the list came back:

1. Ganton
2. Alwoodley
3. Moortown
4. Lindrick
5. Seaton Carew (I've actually played there)
6. Berwick-upon Tweed
7. Close House (Colt)
8. Fulford
9. Pannal
10. Hallamshire (due to play there in September)

Not sure what the fees are at these places (the first few don't publicise it on their website).
1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 are all Yorkshire, not the NE. Most people up here class the NE as Northumberland, down to Teeside.

I presume 6 is Goswick. For there and Seaton Carew I suspect the wealth in the area doesn't justify a £1,000 joining fee, part of the equation surely? Close House is a money course, very nice by the way, and I suspect those joining would find the extra if necessary. At the moment, as far as I know, they don't have to.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 are all Yorkshire, not the NE. Most people up here class the NE as Northumberland, down to Teeside.

I presume 6 is Goswick. For there and Seaton Carew I suspect the wealth in the area doesn't justify a £1,000 joining fee, part of the equation surely? Close House is a money course, very nice by the way, and I suspect those joining would find the extra if necessary. At the moment, as far as I know, they don't have to.

Goswick is 590 quid membership

bargain that!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site

There's 3 that I know of mate

Close house
£2344 + £768 JF

The Northumberland
£1525 + £800 JF

Whitley Bay
£816 + £575 JF

Not sure if any/many others....?