Jeremy Clarkson

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
However his daughter has well distanced herself from his comments.Xmas day will be interesting nattering over the sprouts.

Clarkson has always been on the line humour , some land, some don't and offends many along the way .. it's part of his act

However he has misjudged completely how bad his comments are ..

Swango1980

Visit site
Why is everything taken literally these days?
It's not. However, if you (or your wife, daughter, mother, etc) were stated as being worse than Rose West, and that someone dreamt of a day they were stripped naked and had excrement thrown at them, would you find it hilarious? Especially knowing the amount of abuse that these people have already received, and knowing these sorts of comments would almost certainly fuel the people who just like to hate others?

There was nothing funny about what he said. He is not a skilled comedian, where the subject of the joke wasn't actually Markle, but the joke was on the people throwing the excrement. He genuinely thought he was being funny by thinking up something vile to say about another human being, thinking that many others would love it simply because they also dislike this individual.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He is a disgrace, and that will close many doors in his career.

How on earth did that get through, do the Sun not have a Quality Management system, have a bit of a safety net to catch these things?

I bet Harry and Megan genuinely fear for their safety. When you have high profile media people, like Clarkson and Piers Morgan spewing their vile thoughts every chance they get, it is no wonder that hate runs off on people reading it.

As I always say, if I hate anyone, it is the media. More interested in controversy and profits, than any sort of truth.
Yes I agree.
When I was working and went the shop for a paper if it had a pic of Diana on the front page it wasn’t worth buying.
Must be the same now with H and M .
The press in this country are shocking.
It’s not like there hasn’t been any government scandals they could look into.

Swango1980

Visit site
Anyone want to do a sweepstake when it is reported that Clarkson has had human excrement thrown at him by an angry member of the public?

I think he might regret his words in several ways, and the consequences they have.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone want to do a sweepstake when it is reported that Clarkson has had human excrement thrown at him by an angry member of the public?

I think he might regret his words in several ways, and the consequences they have.
This will have blown over in a day or two. Whether it should or not is another matter but it will.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You and me both Amanda. I know virtually nothing about her - past or current, and really have no interest in finding out. Heck! It wasn't until I heard that people had been making racist comments that I even considered her ethnicity.
I agree.
But the press and TV are shoving it down our throats.
It’s more speculation than anything else and not news .

Swango1980

Visit site
This will have blown over in a day or two. Whether it should or not is another matter but it will.
Yeah, it will for most of us. However, the Harry and Meghan stories are high profile in the UK, the media have made it that way (like Piers Morgan saying he wasn't interested in them at all, yet felt the need to share his opinion on them, and everything they apparently do, about 100 times a day). So, for such an emotive subject, I'm sure there will be quite a few out there that will get worked up about the Clarkson issue for some time.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Sun secretly paid someone £50,000 to throw excrement at him, plaster it over their front pages and sell even more papers (with an apologetic "excuse" in small print saying they regret his comments being published in the first place)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah, it will for most of us. However, the Harry and Meghan stories are high profile in the UK, the media have made it that way (like Piers Morgan saying he wasn't interested in them at all, yet felt the need to share his opinion on them, and everything they apparently do, about 100 times a day). So, for such an emotive subject, I'm sure there will be quite a few out there that will get worked up about the Clarkson issue for some time.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Sun secretly paid someone £50,000 to throw excrement at him, plaster it over their front pages and sell even more papers (with an apologetic "excuse" in small print saying they regret his comments being published in the first place)

Papers should be forced to do full front page apologies

They can post complete fiction then a week later on page 12 put out a tiny comment how they weren't correct sorry

Swango1980

Visit site
Papers should be forced to do full front page apologies

They can post complete fiction then a week later on page 12 put out a tiny comment how they weren't correct sorry
Or, regulators could give them yellow cards or disciplinary points. If they get too many, they are prohibited from selling any papers for a week :)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
[QUOTE

yes they might be a bit more careful what they put on the front page then.

It's everything. This whole Harry and Megan thing

The press have been twisting it left right and centre, we watched it..nowhere near as bad as made out unless you look for offence ..

Even the trailer on twitter said "they were willing to lie to protect my brother but not tell to truth to protect me" implying the palace but the actual netflix trailer was "the British press were willing to lie..."

Just fake news left right and centre to sell their rubbish

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's not an apology, saw it on twitter just trying to justify his comments
Sad really, it just made him look more out of touch. Basically all he's done is clarify that he tried to use a Game of Thrones reference as a joke because he thought that was something all the kids were into and they'd 'get it'.

Swango1980

Visit site
Sad really, it just made him look more out of touch. Basically all he's done is clarify that he tried to use a Game of Thrones reference as a joke because he thought that was something all the kids were into and they'd 'get it'.
Perhaps I can post something horrific about a person, and then just explain that I was using a reference from the film "Saw" :)

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Honestly baffles me that middle-aged and older men can have quite so much hate for her. What has she done exactly? Said there was some racism in the royal family, which is almost certainly true?
That’s a bit of a comment, …that middle aged and older men……etc. You believe that?
Cos Clarkson says so.?
Anyone….anyone …saying they hate some celebrity ,entertainer, royalty , sportsman etc, who they don’t know and have never met, ..needs to examine their minds.
Even taking your time to come to that conclusion is strange.
Making a judgement on what someone actually says are their policies or beliefs etc is one thing, but making judgement about public figures just because they are public figures,…well, …..better things to do?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sorry that I offended you I was just quoting south park thought you could basically say what you wanted ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That’s a bit of a comment, …that middle aged and older men……etc. You believe that?
Cos Clarkson says so.?
Anyone….anyone …saying they hate some celebrity ,entertainer, royalty , sportsman etc, who they don’t know and have never met, ..needs to examine their minds.
Even taking your time to come to that conclusion is strange.
Making a judgement on what someone actually says are their policies or beliefs etc is one thing, but making judgement about public figures just because they are public figures,…well, …..better things to do?
Clarified already - I didn't mean that all middle-aged and older men hate her as Clarkson said. But most people who hate her seem to be middle-aged and older men. And women to be fair as someone added later.
And the rest of your post I agree with and said as much on page 2. (y)