Is this a snap or duck hook?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you just aim big time left and rehearse a few slices it should work the muscles in the shoulders and hips to loosen them whilst keeping the hands quiet. When you return to hit your draw your shoulders/hips will be loose and your hands won't roll too much. That's the theory. Like I said I think it's a Winter/timing thing. If you start doing it all the time the first thing to check it that your alignment isn't closed to target (including shoulders).

I'll give it a go at the range - sounds a plan and I like a plan :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Is it just me or are you a bit tetchy following the Kaymer Shot Shaping thread?

LOL :D... No I'm cool with everything, very mellow and laughing pretty much all the time,... I don't do 'tetchy'.:whistle:

Anyway... Kaymer who? That slicer bloke who won a major when the real winner had a dubious 2 shot penalty enforced upon his wonderous play? :D

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
What with all this, duck hook pull hook, push slice, fade, draw and what ever. What the hells wrong with just hitting it straight?:fore: .:whistle: .

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you just aim big time left and rehearse a few slices it should work the muscles in the shoulders and hips to loosen them whilst keeping the hands quiet. When you return to hit your draw your shoulders/hips will be loose and your hands won't roll too much. That's the theory. Like I said I think it's a Winter/timing thing. If you start doing it all the time the first thing to check it that your alignment isn't closed to target (including shoulders).

Not one of the blighters today.

Thanks very much for your advice which worked a treat. First few practice swings I was very open stanced and then hit a few like that and some lovely fade and even a few slices which all made me smile. Straightened up and kept that left hip rotating and bingo - long and drawing and a joy to behold.

I got the bay with the mirror and interestingly looked at my stance when I felt it was wide open and in fact it was only just open. So I was probably closed even though that felt square...thanks for making me check what I thought I knew! "Feel isn't real" and all that.

Onwards :thup:

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A bit late but duck hooks tend to be a result of not making a full shoulder turn and swinging the arms across the body. This will close down the clubface which pulls the ball off left and low, it also has the swingpath right of the clubface dierection which creates the hooking.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
A bit late but duck hooks tend to be a result of not making a full shoulder turn and swinging the arms across the body. This will close down the clubface which pulls the ball off left and low, it also has the swingpath right of the clubface dierection which creates the hooking.

Thanks and I do think it was all of the above plus not clearing my left hip exacerbating things. If I get careful on my drives (as in to avoid a big pull) then I think I stop turning and become very armsy to try and place the club squarely on the ball and everything goes pear shaped.