Is golf possible when...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
The
Like I say, it was 30-40mph gusts yesterday so a cap (I did have one on) didn't help at all.
I'm not a "fair weather golfer" and can put up with a bit of rain if necessary.
But like I've said....if it's blowing a gale and peeing down with rain again in the future, I'm not bothering to go out at all, despite the ridicule I might receive.
It's a game to be enjoyed, and yesterday was no enjoyment whatsoever. None.

don't beat around the bush Rob - you don't like bad weather for golf do you?

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hardly a wild day, two club wind at most. Really chuffed to go out in 42 and back in 43 for an 85. Best score of my 5 rounds this year by 5 shots!

Played with 3 gents from Derby who all played well and beat my 34 points, winner was 41 off 26hcp. We all hardly hit a bad shot all day as a group.

I think I didn't see it's full teeth without a wind over two clubs coming from a friendly direction.

Craigg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just got back from 9 holes. 150yd par 3 down hill, wind behind, 53* sand wedge, over the back!! Bonkers:mad:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played a match in very heavy wind last night, needed to play before deadline so no way to opt out. Glad I didn't, some serious course management, a few low bunt and run punch shots with a hybrid instead of irons in, but won, shaking hands on 11.:swing: