Irons 10 Hybrid 2

Visit site
As a high (24) handicapper I find I strike my irons really well but cannot find anything like the consistency with my hybrid. Tried different parts of stance, sternum over or behind ball, swing a little slower etc all to no avail - any tips?

Captain_Black

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hi & welcome to the forum.
I use a couple of Hybrids & they do take a bit of getting used to / practice.
It depends on the Hybrid you are using to a point, but generally I find the secret to good contact / flight is to play the ball quite well forward, swing smoothly & just trust the club to do the work for you (i.e don't try to smash it)

I would guess that as most high handicappers do, you are swinging to hard & fast (a fault that I am trying to rectify) if you do swing like this, then a Hybrid becomes a very hard club to use, but when they are used as intended they are great.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like to try and keep it smooth. But set up like a 5/6 iron. Its up to you really if you hit it like an iron or a fairway wood. Both ways are ok, which ever you find the best.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
I find if I play it too far forward it's hooksville city for me :( tend to bring it back to around 4 - 5 iron(ish) spot then proceed to hook it ;)