Hybrid Irons Advice

Omurachu

Visit site
Hi

I am a beginner player, been playing for 6 months and making gradual improvements. Really need to improve my swing speed and aim with irons so been considering hybrid iron set.

I know some people don't like them but I thought if they help improve my game at this stage it may be a good thing.

Not sure about investing big in the likes of Clevelands or Cobra but I have seen an affordable set made by Ram called the Ram Laser Hybrid Irons.

I just wanted to ask what people's opinions were of Ram as a make? Are they reputable? And has anyone had any experience or heard anything about their laser hybrid irons?

Thanks for any tips

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ram are pretty basic. Have you tried looking for a better brand second hand? If you don't get on with them the chances are you can sell them on for the same amount. You will get very little for the Ram clubs should you wish to sell them on.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ram are one of the budget priced manufacturers should be fine to get you going but expect to change them at some time.

Rescues/Hybrids is the way many a player has gone.

I use them and hit them like an iron some hit them like a wood.

For me it is a very very low tee or no tee off the deck (on a teeing area) and a slight divot after the ball.

Denny100

Visit site
Hi

I am a beginner player, been playing for 6 months and making gradual improvements. Really need to improve my swing speed and aim with irons so been considering hybrid iron set.

I know some people don't like them but I thought if they help improve my game at this stage it may be a good thing.

Not sure about investing big in the likes of Clevelands or Cobra but I have seen an affordable set made by Ram called the Ram Laser Hybrid Irons.

I just wanted to ask what people's opinions were of Ram as a make? Are they reputable? And has anyone had any experience or heard anything about their laser hybrid irons?

Thanks for any tips

Personally, i would go for an allround type iron, like a mizuno JPX. This type of iron would be forgiving on your mishits and something youll improve with, whilst actually feeling and looking nice. And when you do improve, its still a useful club in terms of forgiveness, feeling, workability etc.