Iron Covers

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Coincidentally I just read that you routinely change your irons every 2-3 years because they're basically worn out and if i recall don't you also play and practice to an obscene level that the rest of us can only be jealous of. Yup I'd say you don't have much use for iron headcovers

With a new set of irons almost 2 years ago and barring damage/breakages I'm hoping I might never have to buy another set (or at the very least for a good few years) in the interim I'll use them once a week and some practice time & I'd much rather be able to that with clubs in relatively good condition rather than some worn out scabby bits of metal that I know I'll need to change in a few months

So you could think 'all the gear no idea' (as if headcovers are somehow the height of 'gear' :ROFLMAO:) or you could think 'must be someone who wants to protect and extend the life expectancy of their gear'
(but we all know you'll stick with the former!)
Iron headcovers won't extend iron life, if you have a cast set of irons, cast irons don't mark much atall when they chap so they literally are pointless. Bag chap on forged irons is just part and parcel, they don't really have much chap atall unless you carry and for them to look bad through chap they have to be at least 4 or 5 years old and carried alot

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Iron headcovers won't extend iron life, if you have a cast set of irons, cast irons don't mark much atall when they chap so they literally are pointless. Bag chap on forged irons is just part and parcel, they don't really have much chap atall unless you carry and for them to look bad through chap they have to be at least 4 or 5 years old and carried alot

I think (actually I know) there's plenty chap, clattering and marking done to the clubs when using a golf buggy, its horrendous to drive along listening to the tools you've spent hundreds of mullah on bashing against each other and being marked, its like listening to your child when they fall over an graze their knees :cry: (not a problem if you intend getting rid of the kid every 2-3 years but I get kinda attached to mine) :LOL:

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
Forged MB’s probably one of the worse for club clatter, nearing 2 year old and carried regularly so I clatter from fairway to fairway.

There still in great nick, some marks but it’s character and I’d rather look and use them myself than keep them Prestine for when I sell them. FFDD5C61-CB25-4433-96BE-57E5DD60ECBA.png

I always take great care in things I own but I just can’t extend that to iron covers.

To me it’s the equivalent of going out in your car and then chucking a car cover over it when you park up.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Forged MB’s probably one of the worse for club clatter, nearing 2 year old and carried regularly so I clatter from fairway to fairway.

There still in great nick, some marks but it’s character and I’d rather look and use them myself than keep them Prestine for when I sell them. View attachment 26537

I always take great care in things I own but I just can’t extend that to iron covers.

To me it’s the equivalent of going out in your car and then chucking a car cover over it when you park up.
notice you have a cover on your putter though;):D

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

There still in great nick, some marks but it’s character and I’d rather look and use them myself than keep them Prestine for when I sell them. View attachment 26537

I'd say using them its more like having a car and not parking tight up against the car next to you so its gets dinged, or not touching the kerb when you park or washing it with a sponge and not changing the water so it gets scored by the grit and muck etc

We know they'll get these 'character' marks over time but we still want to extend that time by as long as reasonable

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
surprised anyone is against iron covers at all... They're
a cheap way to keep irons quiet and protected. Happily use them on my clubs and will going forward, biggest pro being that thry keep the bag quiet.

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
notice you have a cover on your putter though;):D

Not for protection of the putter though, just because it's like Thors hammer. Knocked myself on the ankle with it the other day and i've been crippled since.

Dread to think what it would to one of the shafts of the driver / 3 wood.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Woods and putters have paint on them, irons dont
Some do, as well as labels and plastic inserts.
Why dont you think cast clubs can mark or dent?
If someone chooses to pretect and look after their stuff thats up to them and no one else.
Next you'll' be telling me you can tell the difference between metal lumps when holding a rubber grip, on a steel tube and hitting a rubber ball with a lump of metal thats on the end.:)

Last edited:

badgb21

Hacker
Visit site
It says:
These covers fit oversized clubs and there is also a velcro latch inside the cover which secures the covers to the club's. You will love these clubs head covers that will not fall off during a round of golf.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Water-resi...&pf_rd_p=5ab9d517-dc3c-56b7-9524-0129fd0f4178

Hi,

I recently received my Cleveland Launcher HB iron set. I would like a set of iron covers to stop the clashing together. The 5, 6 and even 7 iron are chunky, more like a hybrid and therefore don't fit in 'off the shelf' iron covers. Does anybody know where I can get a set of iron covers that will fit all my clubs.

(I have checked Cleveland Website, and e-bay, however e-bay said the delivery time could be as late as 26th March).

Thanks.