Iron Covers

Fabia999

Visit site
Hi,

I recently received my Cleveland Launcher HB iron set. I would like a set of iron covers to stop the clashing together. The 5, 6 and even 7 iron are chunky, more like a hybrid and therefore don't fit in 'off the shelf' iron covers. Does anybody know where I can get a set of iron covers that will fit all my clubs.

(I have checked Cleveland Website, and e-bay, however e-bay said the delivery time could be as late as 26th March).

Thanks.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i would try ebay again or amazon, seller might be able to do better. I saw some covers at AG but they were about 3x the cost.

dronfield

Visit site
Hi
Hope not a daft question & not trying to be funny - have you used iron covers before?
Only reason i ask is, i remember buying some 12 years ago when i got my new Mizuno MP60s, and after a while found that they were a pain - plus fairly easy to lose.

Understand why people buy them when they have a new set of irons, but once the novelty has worn off i just decided the covers were more hassle than they are worth - guess that is why so few people use them?

Just my opinion.

Rich

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Another long term debate on here, I have always used them and it has never slowed me down.

Well, if , like me, you have ever dropped or left behind a club cover, then it has slowed you down!
I use them, and it isn't too much of a pain unless and until I lose or drop one, but it still takes some care.
Can someone who has used both methods say whether there is much deterioration of the irons if they are used uncovered. .?
If there isn't I would so use them. Covers are ok but there is a certain amount of faffing about I would prefer not to do.
Opinions on this would be useful.

dronfield

Visit site
Well, if , like me, you have ever dropped or left behind a club cover, then it has slowed you down!
I use them, and it isn't too much of a pain unless and until I lose or drop one, but it still takes some care.
Can someone who has used both methods say whether there is much deterioration of the irons if they are used uncovered. .?
If there isn't I would so use them. Covers are ok but there is a certain amount of faffing about I would prefer not to do.
Opinions on this would be useful.
Re my post above, i stopped using them on my MP60s and didnt notice a big deterioration afterwards. I just decided the covers were a faff & the irons would show natural wear and tear / dings over time.
i carry and my Original Jones bag only has 2 dividers, so clubs do clatter during a round - something i just accept.

Rich

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

I recently received my Cleveland Launcher HB iron set. I would like a set of iron covers to stop the clashing together. The 5, 6 and even 7 iron are chunky, more like a hybrid and therefore don't fit in 'off the shelf' iron covers. Does anybody know where I can get a set of iron covers that will fit all my clubs.

(I have checked Cleveland Website, and e-bay, however e-bay said the delivery time could be as late as 26th March).

Thanks.

That sounds like you are looking at Far East suppliers. My experience is that the vast majority of items delivered from that region arrive within 7-14 days.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I see you can buy the official covers but only in the USA. However, I can see why you would want them as there is a lot of paint that can be chipped off and also those hollow heads clanking together would make one heck of a noise.
Just seen some of the reviews on them as well. Not pretty but seem to work really well.

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
These seem to be a decent buy, saw a couple of people use them at my course and they look better than the neoprene ones
Ebay 301238477600

mister v

Visit site
My mrs bought me some cheap iron covers for Christmas years ago, I filed them in a draw with dunlop golf balls, golf ball finding goggles and the red, yellow and blue rubber winter tees etc.......... until i bought some new taylormade M2's , i dug them out and popped them on to keep them looking like new,,and they still do. Ive just got used to using them all the time now