Irish Craic Classic 2014 Details and Deposits

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We are piggybacking another comp on the same courses on the same weekend mate ,
for those of us with GUI cards they will be qualifiers probably stableford ,

for our own forum comp each day it will be full handicap stableford i would imagine ,

im sure Smange will advise ..

We play for the ICC trophy on the Sunday ,,

Due to the North West Open being on at the same time as we are playing Concra I'm not 100% sure that the black tee open is still going to be on that day so it may not be qualifying for us GUI members after all, I'm waiting on confirmation from them.

We usually play stableford everyday with a few quid in for a sweep and a 2s pot so will just stick with that and on the Sunday, Bill will win the ICC trophy with the rest of us just playing for pride although Bob is usually guaranteed the booby prize and was pretty upset when Malek "won" it last year so will be out to regain his crown which I'm sure Malek will be happy to hand over :D

Phil, have you organised a game for the Thursday yet?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Due to the North West Open being on at the same time as we are playing Concra I'm not 100% sure that the black tee open is still going to be on that day so it may not be qualifying for us GUI members after all, I'm waiting on confirmation from them.

We usually play stableford everyday with a few quid in for a sweep and a 2s pot so will just stick with that and on the Sunday, Bill will win the ICC trophy with the rest of us just playing for pride although Bob is usually guaranteed the booby prize and was pretty upset when Malek "won" it last year so will be out to regain his crown which I'm sure Malek will be happy to hand over :D

Doesnt matter one bit mate

Get out of it you :angry:

Last edited:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site

Not yet, was going to wait until a week or so before to organise, also hoping that a couple of others could join us.

Got a few course ideas between Dublin and Monaghan via Dundalk

Anyone around Thursday 3rd July late afternoon/evening?

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does that mean we aren't playing off the blacks anymore!?

Waiting to hear back from Concra to confirm.

I'll be slightly disappointed if true, I wanted to inflict maximum pain on myself and weak game...

More wedges into greens will equal plenty pain for you Sir Shankalot and plenty hilarity for the rest of us

Concra can tear you a new one from pretty much any tee so won't be a bad thing to be forward a little.

Still around 6900 yards from middle tees I believe so still a good test.

smange

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Does that mean we aren't playing off the blacks anymore!?

I'll be slightly disappointed if true, I wanted to inflict maximum pain on myself and weak game...

Concra can tear you a new one from pretty much any tee so won't be a bad thing to be forward a little.

6,888 to be precise according to the google machine

EDIT: That's off the gold's

I always tee the ball up 2 feet behind the tee markers so that's 6900 yards for me :p :D

malek988

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

only to bloody happy lol, if i score 10 points again im going to quit golf and take up bowls or somthing lol

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
Re traveling from Dublin Ferry Port north on the M1/M50, it looks like we have the option of a 10 euro tunnel toll or going round the houses. Is there much difference?
also are there any other tolls that we need to be aware of?

thank guys.

Looking forward to Guinness O'Clock :)

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i played Formby hall yesterday off the whites which was 6833yards. it was a right old poke.

never played concra off the blacks. it would be good for a challenge. either way ill be happy!

my mates played it last weekend. seen a few pics and it looks as good as ever!

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re traveling from Dublin Ferry Port north on the M1/M50, it looks like we have the option of a 10 euro tunnel toll or going round the houses. Is there much difference?
also are there any other tolls that we need to be aware of?

thank guys.

Looking forward to Guinness O'Clock :)

In my experience, the tunnel toll is worth it says a lot of time, especially if you're not too sure where you're going, what time of day are you travelling through?
Dublin can be an absolute nightmare to get through.
There's an M1 toll that's €1.90 I'm fairly sure as well (might be €1.80)

PhilTheFragger

Visit site
In my experience, the tunnel toll is worth it says a lot of time, especially if you're not too sure where you're going, what time of day are you travelling through?
Dublin can be an absolute nightmare to get through.
There's an M1 toll that's €1.90 I'm fairly sure as well (might be €1.80)

Ferry gets in about 13.45 on Thursday , want to get away to get a game in en route to Monaghan
Thanks for the info :)