Ireland mega meet 2015

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well, well, well who wants to be the next to have their name on the forum open trophy??

IMG_0597_zps094e6c96.jpg

Currently residing in Yorkshire with young Wesley after last years fantastic effort who is going to step up and wrestle that trophy off him?

After a roller coaster ride of a trip in putting something together for 2015 ive finally managed to put something together that should hopefully suit most people. Ive tried to please as many people as possible with this but its not possible to please everybody (ask my missus :) ).

Initially i was looking at Northern Ireland but after many enquiries and many dead ends the focus shifted down to the Republic after not really getting anything together that was feasible for NI. That might be a trip for shoulder season 2016 or something like that.

I had much more joy with courses around Dublin and i was suprised actually how many nice courses there are in that area having not really looked before. I got plenty of decent offers and then i took that to a few golf package companies to see what they could offer and they got even better deals with extras thrown in.

This is the trip ive got pencilled in :-

Saturday 13th June -- 1 night b&b at Druids Glen playing 1 round on both courses (Druids glen, Druids heath)
Sunday 14th June -- 1 Night b&b at Carton house unlimited golf on Montgomerie & O'Meara courses
Monday 15th June -- 1 night b&b at K Club playing 1 round on both courses (Smurfit & Palmer)
Complimentary buggies, range balls and pint of Guinness at K club.

Rough guide to golf below :-

Sat PM Druids glen

Sun AM Druids glen
Sun PM Carton house

Mon AM Carton house
Mon PM K Club (buggies)

Tue AM K club (buggies)

So thats 6 rounds of golf (more if you want to play longer at Carton house) your accomodation and all breakfasts.

Price we are currently on is £343 per person. Im confident i can make a dent in that price further also once we get numbers together. The package can be secured with £30 deposit per person and then balance is only due 1 month before so i will do staggered payments again like last year for those that want it etc.

We are looking at running a minibus from the north west in terms of travelling over but there is plenty options to go with depending on where you are based etc.

I have slightly cut down the trip after last year to make it more managable for people and also this only requires 2 days off work etc and is only 3 nights.

Can people please declare their interest. Everybody is welcome to come along and enjoy the trip. Last years was fantastic and i think this one could top it if we can get a big group also stopping together.

Any questions also just fire away.

D

Deleted Member 1156

You're organising a trip to Ireland and not a single links course on the itinery? :confused:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
You're organising a trip to Ireland and not a single links course on the itinery? :confused:

Ireland has a boatload of lovely Parkland courses as well as links.

Nice to have a change and i thought the K club would be a fitting finale to the trip with a Ryder cup history. :thup:

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pure class courses mate ,IMO ul find the headline courses at Carton & K club ( are very good) but are actually outshone by their "lesser" courses and all courses are superb, thats a great line up ...

I will join ya for some of the golf at least depending on family holidays etc .. if thats suits at the time numbers wise , either way il meet up with ye for a slobber & maybe caddy at the K Club as its 30min up the road from me

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pure class courses mate ,IMO ul find the headline courses at Carton & K club ( are very good) but are actually outshone by their "lesser" courses and all courses are superb, thats a great line up ...

I will join ya for some of the golf at least depending on family holidays etc .. if thats suits at the time numbers wise , either way il meet up with ye for a slobber & maybe caddy at the K Club as its 30min up the road from me

Bill thats fine mate. Im going to try and get some deals sorted for any of the irish contingent for just a green fee here and there when needed a bit closer to the time as well. More the merrier :thup:

Be nice to meet you and a few of the Irish forummers as well if they are available around that time :D

D

Deleted member 17920

I was waiting for someone to make that comment, I had put patricks down but you clearly beat him to it:whistle:

We did a Scotland trip with a load of links courses so it's nice to have a change and play some decent parkland courses at good prices. we had to work out where the nearest karaoke bars and revolving dance floors are for the north west massive and that's more of a priority than heathland parkland or links.

You can eat humble pie when we announce April 2016 forum meet :ears:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Glyn....if it involves links courses I'll be there mate :D

ps......what are these 'good' parkland course things people keep referring to?? Didn't know such a thing existed ;)

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Bill thats fine mate. Im going to try and get some deals sorted for any of the irish contingent for just a green fee here and there when needed a bit closer to the time as well. More the merrier :thup:

Be nice to meet you and a few of the Irish forummers as well if they are available around that time :D

Happy Days mate all good so, will chat to ya closer the time, Played them all except Druids Heath, love all the courses .. great choice ,

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Right Bill, I'm staying at yours to save me self a few bob.

Runny eggs, please.

1st topic of conversation: Great derby games of the 80's. :)

You saying my house is cheap mate ??? well i never ...............:D

Runny Eggs? ,good luck with that . they be thrown at ya in my place ha

Last edited:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was waiting for someone to make that comment, I had put patricks down but you clearly beat him to it:whistle:

We did a Scotland trip with a load of links courses so it's nice to have a change and play some decent parkland courses at good prices. we had to work out where the nearest karaoke bars and revolving dance floors are for the north west massive and that's more of a priority than heathland parkland or links.

so a load of guys who are members at Parkland courses all go on a trip to Ireland, home to some fantastic links courses to play parkland for a change?

:smirk:

Last edited:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good work Scott and the courses look great. Links are just so last season! I'll just see how the land lies at home, should be OK though :cheers:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
so a load of guys who are members at Parkland courses all go on a trip to Ireland, home to some fantastic links courses to play parkland for a change?

This is a multi cultural golf forum with people from all types of backgrounds and courses. Variety is the spice of life.

P.S Its not just guys playing as well.

D

Deleted member 17920

I will think you will find Woodhall is heathland ;) Bolton is Moorland ;) :ears:

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

I will think you will find Woodhall is heathland ;) Bolton is Moorland ;) :ears:

Aye, most up us play up int' th'ills in these parts. A bit of Easy Walking Parkland makes a nice change (Flatcap smiley)

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have been all over this like a rash after playing in the Irish Craic this year but the GF wants a holiday next year so I have to bow to thumb pressure :(

cracking deal and courses look great :thup:

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I would have been all over this like a rash after playing in the Irish Craic this year but the GF wants a holiday next year so I have to bow to thumb pressure :(

cracking deal and courses look great :thup:

Dublin is a very romantic city :D