Ireland mega meet 2015

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You saying my house is cheap mate ??? well i never ...............:D

Runny Eggs? ,good luck with that . they be thrown at ya in my place ha

Ok, white pudding then.;)

Would be good if a load of the Irish lads can join us, even if only for the weekend games. Who knows, if the numbers were similar, a challenge may be offered, forsooth.....:cool:

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
so a load of guys who are members at Parkland courses all go on a trip to Ireland, home to some fantastic links courses to play parkland for a change?

:smirk:

I think it possible to enjoy visiting good parkland courses even if you're a member at a parkland course. I presume you're not suggesting that links members shouldn't visit other links courses?

I played the Kings at Gleneagles recently and loved it, despite playing most of my golf on a parkland course.

Anyway, Scott - I'm a maybe for this. It sounds great but I need to work out next year's golf fixtures / available holidays! etc.

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
whats the format for this? Stableford of full handicap and are hackers like me able to play the Kclub due to my high handicap level?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ok, white pudding then.;)

Would be good if a load of the Irish lads can join us, even if only for the weekend games. Who knows, if the numbers were similar, a challenge may be offered, forsooth.....:cool:

Easy know you havent met SOME of us ha ha

P.s myself totally EXcluded but dont challenge the boys to drinks challenges , esp Guinness. some thirsty men :D

Looking forward to it now

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
whats the format for this? Stableford of full handicap and are hackers like me able to play the Kclub due to my high handicap level?
We play societies and corporate days there so cant see why not mate , never heard anyone been asked , my mate at the Audi day , there was 21 or 22 H'cap anyhow

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site

Don't worry about playing ability. There is all sorts of handicap levels usually getting involved and there is no handicap discrimination at all.

Format hasn't been decided but I think last year it was Stableford.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Perhaps those posting sarky comments could organise the trip:rolleyes:

I wouldn't say any of the comments are sarky. I just think it's a missed opportunity to play some outstanding courses. Why not look at a mixture of links/parkland?

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Great deal you have there lads I'm sure you'll enjoy Dublin a fantastic place for a few days. If it was me id have thrown in the Island or the European Links courses, we played a few parkland courses last year and weren't used to it as we normally play links, but variety is the spice of life .

D

Deleted member 1740

Coolio,

Unfortunately I won't make this trip as it clashes with our holiday.

If it's anything like this year's trip it'll be a rasper.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a defo for this....... but, 2 rounds a day for 3 days, plus all the incidental entertainment with these guys, is just about possible on more sheltered Parkland settings....... 3 tough Links days would be murderous..... we play all weather & some of the guys, apparently, dance & sing each night.... haven't seen it yet but I just think it may happen very soon at H4H.... hope I can stay awake.:rolleyes:
Robin, that is not an excuse to keep turning me over :rofl:

matt71

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Maybe me and our kid ( plus maybe one more) but will
know
more in the next few days! A couple of questions I you don't mind answering?

what is the ferry cost likely to be
what about transport getting around? You did mention a mini bus for us north west crowd !
I might be being a bit thick but are the digs in the same place etc?

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Maybe me and our kid ( plus maybe one more) but will
know
more in the next few days! A couple of questions I you don't mind answering?

what is the ferry cost likely to be
what about transport getting around? You did mention a mini bus for us north west crowd !
I might be being a bit thick but are the digs in the same place etc?

Hi Matt, more the merrier! :thup:

We are looking into a minibus from the north west if the numbers suit etc. We will be able shed more light on that as we get a list of interested people going etc.

Ferry if you budget 45 quid each i reckon you will be ok.

Digs are the hotel complex at each course yes.

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Me and the reigning champ are probables for this. You will be glad to know he has come down 10 shots now. Looks like another good weekends worth of golf.

Loz1607

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Did a similar trip for my 30th in 2005

playes and stayed at Druids (amazing). Went in the monty cousre at carton house, rathsallagh and portmarnock hotel course. A great week of golf.

Those that think it's all too parklandy, Druids glen and monty at carton house aren't traditional parkland courses, more like inland links and very tough with deep fairway bunkers right in the landing zones!

I could be interested as it's my 40th next year! Did I miss what month it is likely to be?