Iphone 5. Any Word on The Street

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
My vodafone contract is up in a week or 2 and currently have an Iphone 3GS.

Normal upgrade route would be to an Iphone 4 , but historically Apple seem to release new products onto the market in September time.
So what I dont want to do is sign up for a 4, only to have 5 released a week later.

Has anyone got any info regarding Iphone 5?

Fragger

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Expected October, however that's in USA who usually get it launched first so maybe by Xmas for us but could be longer, I'd wait, the iphone4 is very good but you'll regret jumping when the 5 comes out, unless it's not much of an improvement.

chris661

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only thing that would improve the 4 is support for flash IMO. It is without doubt the best phone I have had.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Thanks guys

The Iphone 3GS is a great bit of kit, except that the battery life and aerial need improvement.

These are the areas I will be watching.

looks like i need to be patient a bit longer

Fragger

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only thing that would improve the 4 is support for flash IMO. It is without doubt the best phone I have had.

You have nothing to worry about then. Flash still won't be included. It will eventually, but it should just be as an iOS update, so it shouldn't matter which phone/iPod/iPad you have as long as it supports the new iOS.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
I'd wait Fragger. I was due an upgrade in July but decided to wait for the iPhone 5. If it's significantly better than 4 I'll get it, if it's not I'll get an iPad2 and keep my 3GS for another year.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Hasn't it got a built in projector??

I'm getting one just for that if it has.

LMFAO!!!! :D

the nikon camera does just that for less than an iPhone4 so possibly the iphone5 has, would be a cool feature to show off pics and vids, could vid your swing and bore your whole office with you 8 feet tall on the wall playing with your stiff shaft :cool: :cool:

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
They'll improve on the 4 by at least giving it a dual core processor, like most of the new Android phones and the iPad 2.

Supposedly the form will be pretty similar to the 4, so more like a 4GS than a 5!!

jammag

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I would check what a new contract would offer in terms of settling up early. I am sure o2 offer an early upgrade which is maybe £20 a month for every month left on the contract. So if you could sell your iphone 4 if you was to upgrade and the 3gs you should be able to cover a 2 year contract.

Would be worth checking this out the precise costs etc but it could cost you next to nothing to upgrade. Mate of mine used to work in phones4u up until a year ago and is always upgrading due to this so check it out.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wish list for the iPhone 5 when it does come out would be;-

1. An 8 megapixel camera at least
2. Full 1080p video recording
3. Dual core processor.
4. An SD or microSD card slot for increasing storage

That would give the Samsung Galaxy S2 a run for it's money. Anything less and it's lagging behind.