iPhone 4S on O2

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it me or does anyone else think O2 are dumb for how they are selling the 4S.

Just got the e-mail from them notifying me that you can't pre-order it, the only way you can get it on launch day is if you are an existing O2 customer and you have to go to either an O2 or Carphonewarehouse shop and queue to get one. Plus they haven't confirmed pricing and contracts yet.

All the other major networks (Vodafone, Orange, Three and T-Mobile) have published pricing and allowing you to pre-order today.

I'm going to upgrade to the 4S as my 3GS is out of contract and I'm with O2 and would prefer to stay with them. But I'm in no real hurry so it's not a major problem for me.

But surly O2 are going to loose a ton of business as there a lot of die hard fans who will want it on day 1, and most of them are on O2 already as they were getting the handsets before the other networks.

I know a number of guys at work who were O2 who were going to pre-order on Vodafone because O2 hadn't even said what they were doing until this evening and the other networks started pre-ordering this morning.

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I rang up O2 yesterday to get my PAC code so I could order from another network and even though there automated messages say there operators don't have any pricing information, surprise surprise when I ask for the code all of a sudden they know how much the tariff and phone is !!! I won't have to go in a shop I'll be able to pre-order on-line with O2 on the 11th and I'll get the phone delivered on the 14th. But they can't put it on the website as they are still negotiating with Apple.

Yeah, right.

I was thinking about going to Three. They have a £35 contract with something like 3000 mins, 5000 texts and unlimited data. And the 32GB iPhone 4S is only £189.

When I told O2 they made me a "special" offer. 100 mins, 300 texts, 250mb data for £37 and £199 for the phone ! When i pointed out the contract was more expensive, and the phone and I get less they said if I took out the contract they could see if they could reduce it for me in 6 months.

How nice of them !!!

Anyone use Three ? What's the network like ? Customer Service any good ?

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have 3 contracts with 3, mine and 1 for each of my kids. the one plan is very good, loads of mins/texts and coverage has improved dramatically. Customer service have been decent to deal with aswell.

I also have an orange contract for my sons iphone and they are overpriced imho and will be cancelling it in march and getting him one with 3

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had problems with 3 in the past but that was a few years ago and may have changed now.

Problem with O2 is that they are only interested in you if you spend a fortune over the cost of your free minutes etc. From talking to them when I last wanted an upgrade, their computer looks at how much extra you spend and allocates a budget to keep you as a customer. Spend enough and they will throw anything at you but if you are actually on the right plan and stick to it then they have no interest in retaining you.

I was stuck with them before as they were the only company with any reception in the village I lived in but now I have moved I can actually shop around when my contract expires.