Info England Trip (golf coast)

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank you guys for all the replies and tips!!
I forgot to tell we played birkdale, s&a and west lancs in 2016 so that’s why we choosed lytham over birkdale.
I see there’s very little love for hoylake, so probably better choice to play lytham over it.
Thanks!
Imak

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thank you guys for all the replies and tips!!
I forgot to tell we played birkdale, s&a and west lancs in 2016 so that’s why we choosed lytham over birkdale.
I see there’s very little love for hoylake, so probably better choice to play lytham over it.
Thanks!
Imak

I think from Southport, Hoylake and Wallasey would be a bit of a drive. Maybe 1 hour +, and from Lytham maybe 1 hour 30. Both are great courses. Lots will aesthetically prefer Wallasey, but for me Hoylake is a better test of golf. You can't go wrong with either though.

One other suggestion if you have some spare time.......You could play Formby Ladies course which actually runs inside Formby. Its a lovely course and a lot cheaper to play than Formby. You can get round it very quickly and could even do both courses in Formby on the same day.

makaveli

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think from Southport, Hoylake and Wallasey would be a bit of a drive. Maybe 1 hour +, and from Lytham maybe 1 hour 30. Both are great courses. Lots will aesthetically prefer Wallasey, but for me Hoylake is a better test of golf. You can't go wrong with either though.

One other suggestion if you have some spare time.......You could play Formby Ladies course which actually runs inside Formby. Its a lovely course and a lot cheaper to play than Formby. You can get round it very quickly and could even do both courses in Formby on the same day.

That's a good tip, I read a lot of good things about Formby Ladies, will ask the club if they have special offers to play both, thanks!