Visit site
Re: Inverness (2) Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart ** updated **

Up and at em! Today is the day!!!!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

Stu - youre setting a high standard there - I believe in wash n wear! :whoo:

QQ: Are any of the clubs we're visiting "formal" in their clubhouse? I wasn't planning on bringing top hat an' tails.:lol:

No is the simple answer.

Castle Stuart, in the clubhouse golf gear is fine, but you must remove headgear.

Dornoch, again golf clothing is fine, youcan even wear golf shoes i the bar (they changed the rules as most Americans can't grasp a sign that says no golf shoes or Hats)
Nairn, in the back bar golf clothing is fine, you won't be allowed in the Whitelaw Lounge in golf stuff.

no blue jeans, except Dornoch.

One further bit of info!! We have just ad more rain in the last 24 hours than we have ad in the last 8 months and yesterday, Inverness Golf club was closed as was Nairn Dunbar, puddle by some of the greens.

Enjoy.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site

5 more hours of work to endure before heading north. First to some friends near Aboyne for a Friday night Beer 'n' barbie before heading to CS tomorrow. Weather forecast is looking up so fingers crossed. Exciting prospect CS and RD in one weekend. :D

D

Deleted member 1740

Woohoo Enroute to Blairgowrie, weather looks good!

D

Deleted member 1740

Had a great day at Blairgowrie courtesy of Toad and his pal Bobby. The course was in cracking nick and the sun was out too.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Fantastic first day, massive thanks to Toad and Bob for, well, you know. Course and surroundings were beautiful - after gettin whipped by an FC, the company not so :). A few bald heads burnt, weather absolutely superb. Here's to the next few days!

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

An hour out of Inverness....wonder if Nessie knows!:D

Breakfast on the sleeper is NOT "All that!"

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Small selection of pic's from the weekend, great courses played in great company.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site

21f5bea1d6e79a4bd635496e78fa5a8d_zps6d7d07f2.jpg

Greetings from the Ranch!!

Scouser has found another Water Hazard :cool:

D

Deleted member 1740

[video=youtube;-XNFokmDKrE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNFokmDKrE[/video]

Haha Liverbirdie actually wears a pair of those leather shorts on a regular basis:whistle:

Scouser

Tour Winner
Visit site

Hahaha Karen love it!

But I am happy you have just confirmed my suspicion about Lb

thepodgster

Head Pro
Visit site
Already in bed at 9.30pm on a Monday night can only mean one thing - yep an awesome weekend was had on the golf course courtesy of Blairgowrie GC, Castle Stuart and Royal Dornoch.

Massive thanks to Toad for Friday and Saturday. Friday was awesome weather to go along with a fantastic track in the shape of the Lansdowne Course at Blairgowrie. This was washed down by the excellent golf you then displayed for me to watch live instead of being on my couch watching sky sports, less the first 360 yards! An absolute pleasure on both accounts.

An honourable thankyou must go to my little lovebird on this forum, those that know him need no explanation and those that don't know him, well you don't need an explanation either! Without you being there to keep me happy I would have looked really sh1te instead of just looking sh1te - yes you are correct there are differing levels of sh1te!!!!

My main thanks must go out to the silver tongued cavalier, daddy pig and the remainder of the hangers on who made this weekend such a massive success.

Birchy for sweet talking all the courses to get such great deals (although I think offering Stu C as an entry in to the local wet t-shirt competition may have tilted it into our favour) at such great prices.
Liverbirdie for............ well sending out a few emails and making a few phone calls as only he can do with his headteacher hat on.
Kaz for keeping all the blokes on their toes to ensure they were organising things properly (we all know the female of the species is ............ - well you know how it goes).
Val and Glyn for helping ensure nothing was missed or left out whilst Daddy Pig was sorting out his school bag.

As for the rest of you athletes I met this weekend it was an absolute pleasure and I look forward to the next time. Till then move fast, stay low!

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The Blairgowrie posse (minus Toad and Bob)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 85

Toad

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Massive thanks to Toad for Friday and Saturday. Friday was awesome weather to go along with a fantastic track in the shape of the Lansdowne Course at Blairgowrie. This was washed down by the excellent golf you then displayed for me to watch live instead of being on my couch watching sky sports, less the first 360 yards!

Podge,

Was a pleasure to have you all at Blair and am glad you enjoyed the course, as I said you are all welcome back anytime.

Loved the whole weekend and can't believe the weather we got, may have been our full summer allocation of sun in those few days.

Looking forward to meeting up with you all again sometime soon.

Cheers

John.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My system is shocked to be back at work after a truly fantastic weekend at Castle Stuart and Dornoch. The weather was amazing, and the courses top notch. Thanks to my playing partners for their company, especially LIG and FourDoors who had to watch my putting horror show two days in a row.

Let me also add my thanks to the gang who had the vision and commitment to organise this whole amazing jamboree - fantastic job. If you ever need signed on at North Berwick you know where I am.

There were whisperings about a follow-up event in Northern Ireland next year; if it shapes up anything like the this trip did - I'm in :)

Ian

LIG

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
A fantastic jamboree organised by Messrs. Liverbirdie and Birchy.
This is the standard against which all future forum meet will be judged!

A huge vote of thanks go to these forum stalwarts who, together with LincolnQuaker, have made this glorious, golf-filled extravaganza a pleasure for so many of their fellow forumites.
The Scottish summer accompanied us to our northern destination and we were blessed with sun on every day with hardly any inclement spells.

In addition to my thanks for an unforgettable few days golf, I must say thanks to the "Ponderosa Posse", LB, Birchy, Podgster, Scouser, NWJocko, AndyW, Qwerty, & Junior. The whole thing was EPIIIIIC !!

JJust killing time while waiting for my train south.
Had dinner at The Cairngorn Hotel restaurant across from the station - the service and food was fantastic. I highly recommend you visit if you are ever in Aviemore.