Improvement with your home practice routine

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Like many others I have been hitting balls at home for something to do and a bit of exercise to stop the old muscles seizing up.
My set up is hitting foam balls off the front door mat brought into the garage against a sheet hung in front of the garage door. What I’m beginning to wonder is am I doing any good, my swing seems better and the strike sounds better and I seem to have stopped swaying sideways but can’t wait to get onto our practice area and hit real balls and see if I’ve improved. I hit about 120 at various times during the day while wandering around trying to find something to do. I just hope I’m not ingraining something bad while I can’t see where they are going.
Anyone else think they are improving?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think the only thing you can really do is try and improve your strike.
Just listening to a pod (chasing scratch) where the interviewee explains the benefit of this. Sightly counter intuitively, he advocated practicing hitting heel and toe strikes to order. Research says it develops the skill needed to hit the middle more effectively than practicing hitting the middle...
Also, if you can hit the toe to order, you never need hit more than one shank in a round before being able to self correct.

micklson66

Visit site
Had been simply trying to groove the chipping and pitching. Some progress. Not had a full swing in anger but got a mat coming and got some airflow balls so hopefully can get something grooved

Same here. All I've been doing is pitching / chipping. Its the worst part of my game so hoping this lockdown might have some benefits

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I've got a chipping net and I've solely been concentrating on not looking up before I've hit the ball.
Its the worst part of my game and can cost me 3 or 4 shots a round.
Got a basket of 120 balls and I'm getting to the point of only looking up on 119 of them.:unsure:
Progress(y)