Impact position wieght distribution...

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi all

Right then ive had 2 lessons and I think I am making good progress.

Ive spent a couple of weeks throwing my weight forward and then having my body pull itself forward, but I think I have finally worked out to gently move from 50-50 split weight at address, then to 80/90% on to back leg when at top of swing and then to 95/100% on front leg when at the finish of my swing.

Seems to be a lot smoother than i used to be and im not falling forward or becoming unstable.

My question is at impact; my heel should be starting to come up off the floor and my hips somewhat open but what should the weight distribution be between each leg?

Im thinking about 70% on front lef??? Im not quite sure :)

Thanks for any tips!!!!
Mattie

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
lol im gonna 0.5 poke u in the eye hehe

Ill take that as most on the front leg then, cool, im off to range tomoro to smash some balls.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Please try not to go 80-90% onto the back leg... 60 or 70% would suffice...
(Ack! can't believe I just wrote that) :)

What's your h/cap Mattie?

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi
Well at my first lesson my pro wrote 28 on the card thing so I guess its that. Does that mean I dont really have one?

It does feel about 60/70% to be honest as im only on the back leg for a small amount of time. I think I was over doing it from 90% one side to 90% the other but no ive calmed it down it seems more natural and fluid :)

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Unless you've joined a club and put in 3 cards you won't have an official h/cap... so you will be refered to as 28 h/cap until you do.

Mattie

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi HomerJ

Good idea... as soon as I can get down to the range ill get someone to film my swing. I have some old videos where im hunched over etc, hopefully im alot better now!

Thanks
Mattie