I'm a convert...

Mandofred

Visit site
...to midsize +4 grips. Tried them yesterday and this morning. Hitting the ball just as far and more accurately. Most of a year ago I switched over to the 10 finger/baseball grip, I found it kept the grip more stable in my small hands. This morning I switched back to interlock because with the larger grips I find the grip is a lot more stable in my hands. I'm hitting it straighter with no issue leaving it to the right as some people have had. Wish I had tried this before now, but it is what it is.

AdamC28

Visit site
I bought a used set of wedges that came with midsize +4 grips purely by chance.
I‘m now thinking of putting them on all of my irons as I find them much more comfortable.

D

Deleted member 18588

...to midsize +4 grips. Tried them yesterday and this morning. Hitting the ball just as far and more accurately. Most of a year ago I switched over to the 10 finger/baseball grip, I found it kept the grip more stable in my small hands. This morning I switched back to interlock because with the larger grips I find the grip is a lot more stable in my hands. I'm hitting it straighter with no issue leaving it to the right as some people have had. Wish I had tried this before now, but it is what it is.
After your original post I said that you would come over to the bigger grip idea.

The club just seems so much easier to control.

Mandofred

Visit site
After your original post I said that you would come over to the bigger grip idea.

The club just seems so much easier to control.
Yep. Even when I was hitting a fade this morning it wasn't moving as far right as it did with the standard grip. What I wasn't expecting was to find it that comfortable to move back to the interlock. I may still go back to the 10 finger grip, but at the moment the interlock feels fine.

Golfers (particularly older ones) tend not to experiment with....well...almost anything to do with golf. I have the reputation for tinkering WAY too much with my swing, I find it fun and interesting. I have a bunch of different swings.....if one is really kaput, I just switch to another one. Almost every golfer I know has the attitude of (when they are playing badly) "well, I'll just keep swinging....it'll come back someday". I find someone like Bryson DeChambeau to be interesting because he keeps trying new things until he finds something that works better for him. If I hit a good shot I want to know what I did that worked so well, and the same for bad shots. I have been working on the same swing for almost a month now.....hoping it will pay off with a lower handicap before summer is out.

Now.....if I can just take my nice easy practice field swing onto the golf course in the morning...... If I could hit on the course like I do on the practice field I'd probably be a couple shots lower on the H-cap.