If you could have experienced live 1 golf event in history - what would you choose......??

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
My mate and I were talking about this last night......... I wish I was more creative but mine is the Ryder Cup at Medinah or the dual in the sun...... but are there any more ???

D

Deleted member 21258

1997 Master win for Tiger

Or before my time it would be nice to have seen Jacks win in 1986 at the masters

D

Deleted member 16999

My mate and I were talking about this last night......... I wish I was more creative but mine is the Ryder Cup at Medinah or the dual in the sun...... but are there any more ???
Probably only mentioned it a few (thousand) times ;) I was at Medinah and still the highlight of my life excluding family.
Just incredible, helped by being a marshall, inside the ropes and feet away from it all.

D

Deleted member 18588

The 85 Ryder Cup must have been pretty amazng .... first win in ages....

It was, believe me.

For me it would have been the US Open in 1960 to see past, present and future contending in the form of Hogan, Palmer and Nicklaus.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep Medinah, or the showdown between Mickelson & Stenson.

Would have loved the 1996 Masters, that was the tournament that made me fall in love with game

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Well given my golfing highlight in the earlier topic was Jack's win in 86, I'd have to say, Jack's win in 86.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Medinah Sunday definitely.

It was a miracle, there was so much that had to happen and the fact that it all happened was so incredible. From Rory turning up late, to Rose, Garcia, Poulter all turning their matches around.

And whether you believe Seve was pulling the strings from above, the fact that 12 guys and their captain believed it, made it so.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would be any one from the following.

Watson / Nicklaus @ Turnberry
Stenson / Mickelson @ Troon
Hogan @ Carnoustie
Seve @ Royal Lytham

Of the 4 Seve @ Royal Lytham. But that will change depending on mood!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Alan Shepard hitting golf balls on the moon.

I'd be able to watch the shots and then turn round to witness the glorious spectacle of our small insignifcant blue planet in the inky blackness of space.

D

Deleted member 18588

Would have been great to see Hogan win the USOpen back in 53 after coming back from his car crash.

I would love to have seen Hogan at Carnoustie that year.

His accident was in 1949 and he won the US Open in 1950 and '51 as well as in his "annus mirabilis" of 1953.