If you could change one thing about Rory..

What would you change about Rory?

• Nothing, it’s just a matter of time

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • His coach

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • His caddy

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Something else, please state

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are more players now at the very top of their game. Any one of 15 could win in a given week.

I'd be interesting to see how hard Rory works on his game compared to BCD, DJ, JT etc. I've read a few times about the crazy amount of time these 3 guys spend practising on the range, on putting green and dialling in their wedges.

Does Rory work as hard as these guys ? If so, he needs a change and the Cowan appointment could be a good one. If not, he needs to ask himself whether he wants to dominate once more, and then decide if he wants to put in the graft, or let his natural talent just keep him in the top 15 and picking up the odd win. This ties in with his mental strength. It'd be good to see him play with a Westwood/DJ, carefree type attitude and not beat himself up as much.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Leave him be, he will find his own way and why stress him out let him enjoy being a Dad ... all this crap about performance and money is just that, they pale into insignificance when it comes to family and the relationships you have.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Don't think you can use one week as an indication that he has become a poor driver. Think it's fair to say that when he is on form, Rory remains the best driver on tour. Not quite the length of BDC, but more control and accuracy.

Unfortunately it's not just one week, a bit extreme but go back to the shot above for an example. Without being so extreme, during any recent tournament you will find too many examples of his wayward tee shots and missed cuts.

He said it himself, he made a mistake looking to emulate BAD's ridiculous swing speed. Perhaps if he had tried to emulate DJ the outcome would be a greater degree of success.

Don't get me wrong I doubt that this is his only issue. His McSundays are legendary. If he is in contention he will blow up, if he is miles back he set a course record for yet another top ten. That is an all together different problem.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Leave him be, he will find his own way and why stress him out let him enjoy being a Dad ... all this crap about performance and money is just that, they pale into insignificance when it comes to family and the relationships you have.
Leave him be? I'm 100% certain that nothing that is posted on this site stresses him out in the slightest. Any stresses are of his own making and his family life v golf career choices are also his alone.

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
His stats have dropped off in all areas, but short game and putting have always been his Achilles' heel. His best seasons he was dominant tee to green and his putter improved to mediocre.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like adding a coach may well have a catalyst- certainly not a caddy as he was superb

Brilliant today and hopefully that’s the spark for another streak

D

Deleted member 1147

Looks like adding a coach may well have a catalyst- certainly not a caddy as he was superb

Brilliant today and hopefully that’s the spark for another streak
Which genius was it that suggested Pete Cowan would sort him out?

?☝️