If you could carry a 15th club in your bag what would it be?...

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
It was so much easier to fill the bag when I was a nipper. Driver, 3 wood, 2 iron-S/W and putter. 13 clubs all I ever carried and needed. Now with hybrids, gap wedges, lob wedges etc I could do with at least 15 clubs in the bag.:)

Philm

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
60 degree wedge if i was allowed to carried 15.

i carry 14 currently.

putter
SW GW
PW-3iron
17degree hybrid
13 degree 3wood
9 degree driver

so a lob wedge is the only "normal" club i dont already carry.

Phil

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
14 clubs is perfect. Don't need any more.

A throwing club is a good idea though, preferably shaped like a boomerang so I don't have to go far to fetch it.

S

Snelly

5 wedges! That is side splittingly funny. No-one really needs 4! I played off 1 or 2 (under the old handicap system too) for about 7 years with just two - PW and SW! Still if the magazines and manufacturers say you need 'em, they must be right eh? And don't forget to make sure you have all 5 custom fitted and frequency matched too. They are going to be useless otherwise! :)

I think the left handed club idea is a good one though.

That said, I think I would probably carry a bladed Mizuno Pro 1 iron (circa 1985) as an extra club if I could and for no other reason than to have a talking point and a fun club for everyone to have a crack with on the last tee.

S

Snelly

I know a guy who has 5 wedges PW, GW, SW and two 60 deg LWs with different bounces.
He needs the options apparently.
His Handicap?
:rolleyes:

He is an flipping silly boy then.

Such a shame we can't swear on this forum anymore.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I like the idea of the old bladed one iron.

At least I could chip out from under trees with no worries about getting the ball in the air.