Ian Poulter - Foot In Mouth

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
O Dear, O Dear, O Dear

WHY, WHY, WHY???

What a silly boy, every time he plays poorly he will be reminded of this.

Has he got a book or something coming out! Why else would he say this?

SuessGolf27

Visit site
Ian Poulter needs to win something of importance before he starts throwing around statements that he is on the level of Tiger. Maybe one day he can win a major and then he will only be about a dozen or so behind Tiger. Also He is not even in the top 20 in the world, what rediculous statement. I will have a good laugh when he tees off at 8 in the morning on sunday at the Masters because he is 10 shots back of the leader, most likely Tiger.

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
has anyone seen the actual feature in Golf World?

Or more to the point the cover. I couldnt believe my eyes. Looked like, how shall we say, a 'man love' publication

dont think that will do him any favours

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I will have a good laugh when he tees off at 8 in the morning on sunday at the Masters because he is 10 shots back of the leader, most likely Tiger.
That's only if he makes the cut.

Marko77

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Very strange - why would he "not rate any one else"

Surely he has to realise there are better European let alone worldwide players than himself? Potential realised or not? Justin Rose springs to mind for one!

Without reading Golf World I wouldn't want to judge but suspect creative journalism has played some part although would have thought IP would have signed off on any publication before it went to print.

T

thecraw

Clown! Class one clown!

Cant wait till he falls on his face. Poulter is a decent player, not a good player and certainly nowhere near Tiger Woods level!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just found it - he's with Cobra (one of yours jon?)

They don't have many (Ogilvy highest ranked at 9) so he might be safe. Except that the parent company is Acushnet so there could be pressure from Titleist, Footjoy - maybe he wants Adams

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
He is with Cobra, my favourite equipment company!

I like Poulter, I have met him and found him to be a great guy, however on this occassion it would be fair to say that he has been a bit of a tool.

HTL, it is scary how much power tiger has and it is wrong. I can't wait for the day that tiger starts getting regular arse-whippings. I really don't have any liking for him.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Jon,
I agree with you, I find Tiger the most boring sports person of recent times (minus steve McClown). I think Poulter was just having a bit of banter and the journo got it all wrong.