I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played Ladybank today, what a great track. Really enjoyed playing there, personally think it blows Woburn out of the water. Think it’s very similar and very much on par with Walton Heath. Thrown a spanner into my thoughts for a new club. The whole layout, clubhouse and facilities are just top drawer.

Last edited:

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Another week and another 2nd in the swindle. 1 over for 39 points. It was won by the same 15 capper that won last week☹️. He had 42 points this week.

Teebs

Visit site
Solid 78 for the first round of 2023. Very pleased with the new Ping i230s, hit some lovely shots with the shorter irons, quite a few wedges and 9 irons inside 10ft.
Also first time out with the ShotScope Rangefinder and it was really helpful, takes most of the guess work out of distances..

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played Ladybank today, what a great track. Really enjoyed playing there, personally think it blows Woburn out of the water. Think it’s very similar and very much on par with Walton Heath. Thrown a spanned into my thoughts for a new club. The whole layout, clubhouse and facilities are just top drawer.
For me it's a course of two halves, back 9 so much tougher, miss the fairway and the balls gone. I think we are planning on playing there on our jolly in September, I'd better take plenty of balls🤣

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Playing innthe roll up on Friday, a real game of two half's, 3 under on the front 9, with birdies on 6,7,8 and 9. Back 9 was a whole different ball game.🤣

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Another week and another 2nd in the swindle. 1 over for 39 points. It was won by the same 15 capper that won last week☹️. He had 42 points this week.
OOI Srixon, if anyone wins in the swindle do they carry the same handicap over the next time they play.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
OOI Srixon, if anyone wins in the swindle do they carry the same handicap over the next time they play.
In the winter they do as the winter tees are not rated for WHS yet. However, during the summer months we do put a WHS score in when we play the swindle off the rated course. If you don’t you don’t get any winnings if you have a good knock.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another 9 holes this morning. Nice conditions, about 10c, minimal wind, dry (course muddy though). Play was decent, specifically tried to sweep my hybrid in a more pronounced manner and the results were generally positive. Cleaner ball striking, acceptable distance. Pulled the odd one but happy as a first go. Now to repeat next week.........

Visit site
I played today and I shot 67 (-3), my best round by 4 shots at the course I’ve been at for almost 6 years now.

Full course, no temps, white tees out, and we even played the ‘black’ tees on the 2 available holes. I’ve no idea where that came from, but I didn’t blow up and I’m buzzing about it. -3 through the final 6 holes.

Course condition absolutely out of this world for an early February day.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
So it was like this
Front 9 16- 12
Back 9. 19- 15
Totals. 35-27
should get a tiny cut, but probably won’t make a difference to the number of shots.

I murgs driving with his new Ping was superb, just the rest of his game was off today, especially his putting

Meanwhile, I would typically his a couple of skanky shots followed by a pearler much to his annoyance 😂

He did wake up on the back 9, doing the last 5 in 1 over gross.

Did have a bit of luck with a couple of tree shots that bounced into the fairway, furthering his annoyance

Also had 2 blobs 🤭

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
For me it's a course of two halves, back 9 so much tougher, miss the fairway and the balls gone. I think we are planning on playing there on our jolly in September, I'd better take plenty of balls🤣

It was tougher than it looks. The bunkers were very difficult if you went in on the fly
8A527C35-19C1-48A0-91E7-B752C311855C.jpeg35856718-5451-47E5-915F-4001FC30892A.jpeg

Was very tired coming off 18 but that might just have been a combination of all the work moving, back to work stress and only playing one round in the last two weeks. Didn’t feel like I played well, but actually finished one over course handicap and finished the round with the same ball I started 😇.

Think it’s a very fair test though. Wide open fairways, but penal if you miss them or hit the sand.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I have become a Driving God.....shame the rest of my game has gone on holiday...
11 drivers hit today..11 fairways found. Found 1 more with the 4 wood and missed another
12/13......crazy..
Approaches - respectable...
Pitching/Chipping....a bit meh
Putting......O. M. G
Could not putt for 13 holes..all over the place...
Woke up on 14 and finished from there in 1 over.....don't ask - don't know.....
I need some of the luck that Fragger gets :unsure:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have become a Driving God.....shame the rest of my game has gone on holiday...
11 drivers hit today..11 fairways found. Found 1 more with the 4 wood and missed another
12/13......crazy..
Approaches - respectable...
Pitching/Chipping....a bit meh
Putting......O. M. G
Could not putt for 13 holes..all over the place...
Woke up on 14 and finished from there in 1 over.....don't ask - don't know.....
I need some of the luck that Fragger gets :unsure:

“Fragger luck” or 2 shots on holes? 🤣