I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Today I was a Machine. Front nine a massive 22 points with one in the pond and a chip on the first that hit the pin. My driving for me was excellent but my putting. Lordy flippin Lordy where did that come from. My playing partners were gobsmacked. But the last couple of weeks I have been having half a dozen a round lipping out or stopping within a couple of inch. Today the gods smiled on me on the front nine. Back nine started blob, blob, with a blob on the last where a ball into the green hovered before it decided to drop into the bunker. 37 points took front nine and Joint overall. Which meant £27 into Tashyboys coffers.

However £10 of that went into a collection Fund. One of the lads in the fuddle his missis has terminal cancer. She has asked her pals not to get her a pressie for her birthday but to make a donation to a cancer charity. The fuddle lads chucked in £10 a piece. Me I chucked in a tenner for Missis T as well. So £30 towards a fuddle lads wife’s charity and am quite chuffed. The guys best mate, he was flogging his old golf shirts in the 19th for a tenner a piece towards the charity. There was a fair bit of leg pulling re the shirt sixes.

One of the guys I played with today, he was like a cat on a hot tin roof. He plays off scratch and it is a joy to watch. He found out on the 16th he is a Grandad. I filmed the phone call and he was quite emotional. It’s on our whattsapp group and we were all chuffed for him. Jammy sod is on his way to Kueredu in the Maldives in the morning. ( been there and it has a driving range and pitch and putt.

Today is one of those days where when you ask “what do you get out of golf”. This ?.A day full of emotion both good and bad.

Rebro

Visit site
Managed 45 holes today, course is drying out lovely and the greens are in great nick. Started with a birdie on a par 5 (driver, 5 iron to the green with the wind) finished with a birdie on a different par 5 (driver, 3 wood, wedge to the green against the wind) and had another 6 birdies on various other holes so happy with how it went. Beautiful day to be outside though, cold but clear and sunny ?

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I had a very nice round yesterday at Wallasey, lovely to play on a dry course and off grass although there were parts the the course where you had to use a mat. Started well, level par after 5 holes, but fell away.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wellness Wednesday = 9 holes of golf

Hit the ball well but wasn’t bothered about scoring as I wanted to try the “Mr Shortgame” chipping technique.

So far so good and it’s something I’m going to stick with no matter what as I’ve got a habit of chopping and changing

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out early with CVG and played ok.
Freezing cold wind ripping right through every layer i had on.
Apart from a brain fart on the 2nd I parred the other 8 on the front..
The wind comes into play properly on the back 9 and there's a 3 hole stretch that's straight into it...
Came away with a bogey and 2 pars so not unhappy with that.
I wouldn't say my game is in thenright place but its close.
We only played 16 as CVG's fingers had gone blue and I had 12 pars....
6th hole is still on the fringe..the green is very wet and, apparently still frozen 5 inches below the surface.....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played the roll up at Nairn. Was in the last group and though its was very wind, sunny.. well just as we teed off it lashed it down and the temperature dropped, it was freezing. If my pp had suggested walking in I would have. Brutal for the first 3 holes, even had to hit a7 iron from 120 yards on the 3rd. After that fine , even hit a nice driver off the deck on the 7th. 2 of my playing partners suffered though one had no gloves, so he had a driver head cover on each hand between each shot ?
Back 9 was much better
Then had my ping driver fitting at Nairn Dunbar ?

Last edited:

Smoj

Visit site
Played 18 today with my 4 ball mates, went in otimistic as i had a fantastic round on monday, and everything that went well on monday didnt go well today, had a very bad front 9, almost lost my will to play but pushed through.
started to get some kind of rhythm back in the back 9. was 2 unplayable temp greens, but decent other 16 greens, been working on my putting and putted a few beauties today.. ill try and get everything working together next time.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Played only twice in Dec and twice in Jan. Course was a bog all 4 times.

Amazed at how drier it was today.

Front nine included a bogey and a double, but 3 birdies, including a chip-in on the first, meant level par.
Back nine, I repeated the bogey and double, but no birdies.
Pretty chuffed with 3 over after not playing much for 2 months.

In the bag,
Cobra F-Speed Driver 10.5d. Baffler hybrids 16d and 20d.
Powerbilt oversize 2-iron (1990s)
Ping G10 4-iron,
Ping i10 5 to PW(46d)
Forgan Powerpakt 9-iron(49d) (1961) One of a whole set 2-10 bought for £10 in 2021.
Cleveland 691 58d Wedge. (1990s) - chip-in on the first. Bought for £2.70 recently.
Carnegie Clark "King" putter. (Don't know date, but might be 1980s) - this one was simply given to me. Took 14 putts each nine.

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Once more I smashed it. 20 front nine, 17 on the back. Won front nine, and joint overall. A steady £28.50 in the back pocket to go with the £27 on Tuesday. Happy days at the moment.

Imurg

Visit site
Took the new G430 driver out for it's first foray....1st couple hooked, 2nd couple straight right..then Boom!
Found the middle and thus thing is going to go miles in the Summer:cool:
Playing the back 9 first it was a mixed bag...we weren't "scoring " as such but I kept an eye on things.
3 pars, a birdie, a double and the rest bogeys..
Our back 9 and the game kicked in...birdie, 2 pars and then an unlucky double..hit the flag on approach and it kicked into deep rough.
The rest were pars.
A few more rounds until the first medal of the year on Thursday.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Played only twice in Dec and twice in Jan. Course was a bog all 4 times.

Amazed at how drier it was today.

Front nine included a bogey and a double, but 3 birdies, including a chip-in on the first, meant level par.
Back nine, I repeated the bogey and double, but no birdies.
Pretty chuffed with 3 over after not playing much for 2 months.

In the bag,
Cobra F-Speed Driver 10.5d. Baffler hybrids 16d and 20d.
Powerbilt oversize 2-iron (1990s)
Ping G10 4-iron,
Ping i10 5 to PW(46d)
Forgan Powerpakt 9-iron(49d) (1961) One of a whole set 2-10 bought for £10 in 2021.
Cleveland 691 58d Wedge. (1990s) - chip-in on the first. Bought for £2.70 recently.
Carnegie Clark "King" putter. (Don't know date, but might be 1980s) - this one was simply given to me. Took 14 putts each nine.
Well played. Careful, the hosepipe ban will be back shortly 😀

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Took the new G430 driver out for it's first foray....1st couple hooked, 2nd couple straight right..then Boom!
Found the middle and thus thing is going to go miles in the Summer:cool:
Playing the back 9 first it was a mixed bag...we weren't "scoring " as such but I kept an eye on things.
3 pars, a birdie, a double and the rest bogeys..
Our back 9 and the game kicked in...birdie, 2 pars and then an unlucky double..hit the flag on approach and it kicked into deep rough.
The rest were pars.
A few more rounds until the first medal of the year on Thursday.

what driver did you swap it for?

Imurg

Visit site
Don't post on this thread much these days but can't resist the humblebrag that today I broke par for the first time in my life. 2 birdies, 1 bogey and 15 pars. Full disclosure the course is a bit shorter in it's winter setup but I'm still delighted.
Welcome to the club Sir(y)

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't post on this thread much these days but can't resist the humblebrag that today I broke par for the first time in my life. 2 birdies, 1 bogey and 15 pars. Full disclosure the course is a bit shorter in it's winter setup but I'm still delighted.

Well played Iain. Shorter or not you still have to get it in the hole and NB is a tough course.

Last edited: