I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

MACM85

Visit site
Saturday was quarter final of matchplay - Putted like a tool and went down a playoff hole. Ended up chipping in for a 3 from just off the green to the win.

Sunday was one of our named trophies. Came second on count back on 44 points. Chap who won is off 4 had 7 birdies on the back 9 to comfortably beat me on count back! Putting was much better.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Weird round this weekend.

I'm just so short at the moment, I've no idea what I'm doing different but I've lost 15 yards on every club minimum. :mad:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Weird round this weekend.

I'm just so short at the moment, I've no idea what I'm doing different but I've lost 15 yards on every club minimum. :mad:

We noticed the same this weekend. Both myself and the lad I played with were much shorter off the tee than usual and about a club shorter with well struck irons.
Must have been the weather.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
We noticed the same this weekend. Both myself and the lad I played with were much shorter off the tee than usual and about a club shorter with well struck irons.
Must have been the weather.

I've been like this for weeks though! Other mates aren't struggling at all!

I do tend to hit a very high ball so maybe it effects me more than them but even still :ROFLMAO:

Mike79

Visit site
Had my best round at my club yesterday, beating my previous best round which was 2 weeks ago...

85 gross (previous was 86 gross) but the highlights for me were:

- kept a 7 (or worse) off my card
- kept 3-putts (or worse) off my card
- started and finished with the same ball

Non qualifying competition unfortunately, so handicap remains at 16.2, but 10 remains my target for the year

Great start to the year so far!

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Played both Saturday and Sunday after a lesson mid-week, very much about trying to shorten my swing, hit more good shots than bad, but putted like a donkey - but optimistic about playing with a card in hand next week.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Handicap came down quite a bit last year but since the start this year, have been playing like a plank. Couldn't even play to the old handicap, let alone anywhere near the new one. Yesterday was the pits - t'was like I'd never seen a golf club or golf ball never mind used one. Was duffing, topping, hooking and so on. Short game was terrible and putting worse. (10 points after 11 holes). Until the 12 hole that is. Obviously remembered something as then I finished with 7 great drives, 5 great second shots (two par 3s you see) couple of chips were good, and one or two putted everything. So will go into next game with renewed hope rather than a sense of impending doom.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Out this morning..
Chilly, breezy, muddy.......
And the golf?
Tragic

A few more proper greens in play but those that are haven't been cut or rolled in 2 weeks
At least they were able to change the holes today..
With dry weather forecast we should be back to normality by the weekend..
Proper golf starts next week...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been like this for weeks though! Other mates aren't struggling at all!

I do tend to hit a very high ball so maybe it effects me more than them but even still :ROFLMAO:
Conditions can affect people differently. One of my mates strikes the ball really well, compressed it but with a high flight, his shot are all carry with a bit of spin, whereas mine are more of a low flight with some roll. In winter he's absolutely killing my distances because he's still getting his crisps strikes with carry, whereas I've lost all the roll. When it's windy though he is all over the place whereas my shots are much less affected.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
First knock back at my old place. Big smile as I drove in. Long chat with pro about changes since I've been away. Should have birdied first, lipped out. Birdied 7 rare occurrence. Considering I've not played for about ten weeks I was pleased with my game. Only played 11 holes. Bit chilly. Great to be back.