I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
This bloody game does my head in sometimes....
Standing on the 16th tee 3 over gross/34 points, feeling in control, swinging well.......
And then the fertiliser hits the rotary air device.....
Admittedly a poor swing, ball hits tree and cannons deep into the jungle - gone...double.
Decent drive on 17, 3 wood into the green, ball hits fairway side of a tree and cannons into deep rough on the non fairway side of the tree.. quite how that worked I've no idea - triple.
Sloppy bogey on 18
6 shots gone in 3 holes.
Hit 2 trees and ended up dead..just to add that Fragger hit 2 trees and they both came out fairway side
Always said if I had the luck that Fragger gets I'd be off Scratch..
Still got a 0.1 cut which takes me to 6.1 and I lose my shot on the difficult par 3 5th..
But it should have been a 3 or 4 over total and a much better cut.....stupid game

Its his birthday today too :) 59 now, must have had a hard life
He wasnt a happy bunny, some proper club thumping and chucking on the last 3 holes

I started well, faded in the middle front 9 to card 15 points, then got 18 on the back for 33. 2 blobs thrown in together with 4 x 1 pointers
and 4 pars, probably going up a tad as a counting score was falling off today.

Not playing enough to be consistant , but there is another good score just round the corner somewhere

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played in an open at silverdale yesterday - singles medal. First time I'd played the course and really enjoyed it in a quirky way. We stood on the 15th tee and I just asked the other lads "who looked at this piece of land and thought 'yeah i reckon we can squeeze 18 holes into here'"

My golf, however, was absolutely dreadful. Turns out I am not one of those guys who can rock up hungover after 4hrs kip and play well ?.

Somewhat better on the back nine but dropping 10 shots in 3 holes on the front 9 meant the damage was done.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lost the 1/4 finals of the the singles, missed 1 fairway all day and it happened to be on the 19th ?

Iron play just went off the boil on 13/14 and let a 2 hole lead slip.
gutted!

AliMc

Visit site
Texas scramble today

Solid 10 under gross ? Net 53 - sitting near the bottom of leaderboard , the standard bunch of 16 plus handicaps filling the top 3 or 4 places
You low handicappers eh what are you like always moaning !
I played a friendly game with 2 others for a couple of £, format was 6 points a hole
One guy 81 less 17 net 64 against par 71, me off 5 a couple over, just handed over the money !

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
2nd handicap card for me, and 1st round for the youth off the white tees - he shot a respectable 47 on the front nine but just lost his way on the back nine.

Lump

Tour Winner
Visit site
After the shambles of Saturdays 1st round of the club champs and the resulted missed cut.
I swapped back to my old irons today and back onto it.
Played with a Euro pro player, watching him hit a 3 iron head height 250yrds into a decent breeze was stunning. Hit some of the biggest drives I’ve seen out on a course
Absolute putting machine too boot.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mixed at Lancaster with the wife. Started with a blob ? ended 9 with 14 points. Back nine we moved up three gears and came in with 23. All too late. Still 37 with 43 currently winning. Greens were very fast. Lovely day.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Heading back south today, played at Dundonald Links on the way down.

Nice enough track, no “wow factor” holes for me though, glad I was a guest, not sure I’d want to pay the full green fee.

Triple bogey 7 on the first, but recovered to +7 on the front nine. The rather good steak and black pudding pie at halfway may have nobbled me for the back nine though, or maybe I was just proper knackered after all the driving and golfing over the previous 4 days. Who knows…. But +10 for the back nine saw me scrape an 89 off the whites. No final round glory having played pretty solid golf for the previous three days.

Ordering the four courses I’ve played this very long weekend - Dunaverty was my favourite, followed by Machrihanish Old, with Machrihanish Dunes & Dundonald Links are tied third.

Satnav mishap on the way back saw our journey home take 7.5 hours after todays round, which was marginally better than the 9.5 hours it took to get up to Loch Lomond on Thursday. Nighty nighty folks ?????

Last edited:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Mizuno singles event at the The Hallamshire this afternoon.

Topped my first two shots (seems to be an annoying habit at away courses at the moment), but recovered for two points on 1 and then scored the same on 2 to 5 for 10 points at that point. I didn't play very well thereafter and ended up on 25pts (although I did eventually get a par on the 18th). It doesn't normally bother me, but I was playing with three low single figure handicaps and I tightened up a bit.

The course was in great nick, the greenest I've seen a course for a while, and the tee boxes were as good as any I can remomber. The greens were very slick, certainly the fastest I've putted on this year, and in great condition.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mizuno singles event at the The Hallamshire this afternoon.

Topped my first two shots (seems to be an annoying habit at away courses at the moment), but recovered for two points on 1 and then scored the same on 2 to 5 for 10 points at that point. I didn't play very well thereafter and ended up on 25pts (although I did eventually get a par on the 18th). It doesn't normally bother me, but I was playing with three low single figure handicaps and I tightened up a bit.

The course was in great nick, the greenest I've seen a course for a while, and the tee boxes were as good as any I can remomber. The greens were very slick, certainly the fastest I've putted on this year, and in great condition.
Excellent news re the course ,playing it tomorrow and Friday ?

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played this morning, friendly knock with another member, 37 points with two N/R's. Played reasonably well to start, 20 points on the front nine, but lost it a bit towards the end. Playing in another open next week on a course I've not played before. Looks quite interesting...

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After Mondays mistake playing after a night shift, where I lost all my get up and go by the 9th.
Today was I different story, hit it really well, especially off the tee. Par on the first from a fairway bunker, birdied the 2nd with drive an 6 iron stone dead. Pared 3,birdie on 4th then par,bogey birdie on, 5,6 and 7. Then par, birdie on 8 and 9. Par birdie bogey on 10,11 and 12. Par on 13 and 14. Drove over the green on 15, but still managed a birdie after a good chip back from the 3rd fairway. Bogey on 16 with my worst drive on the day hooked into the Heather. Birdied 17 and pared 18 after finding bunker off the tee and hit into another flushing an 8 out.
Really happy with my game today.
Playing Royal Dornoch tomorrow then have a semi final tie on Friday.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Friendly knock with two mates today. But we decided we'd put cards in. Played sort of OK for the front 9 but couple of mistakes meant it was only a gross 44 (par 33 so 2 over handicap). But started back nine with 5 pars on the trot then finished bogey, double, bogey, par to come back in 39 - ie 5 under handicap. Should get me a cut of about 0.6 to 16.9 - my new lowest ever .:):)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Played Painswick today with the "total gents" that are @Crow and @Voyager EMH using old clubs. In my case Dunlop Blueflash irons and Woods from the 70s.

Lots of fun. Painswick is wonderfully nuts with excellent views. Playing with old clubs is a real eye opener.

Really enjoyed the day out, cheers chaps!!