I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I don't trust anyone who doesn't use pink castle tees. What are you just going to guess the tee height or tee it up different heights every time like some sort of psychopath??

Now that I don’t get a shot on every hole I feel like I shouldn’t use pink castle anymore (mostly peer pressure I know) but I also know I’ve not reached ‘psycho’ level yet, so what I’ve done is measure the height of a pink castle on long bamboo tees and sharpie line it on so I can look like a ‘player’

(p.s coming up in For Sale section; 18 packs of pink castle tees, most are unused) :sneaky:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Now that I don’t get a shot on every hole I feel like I shouldn’t use pink castle anymore (mostly peer pressure I know) but I also know I’ve not reached ‘psycho’ level yet, so what I’ve done is measure the height of a pink castle on long bamboo tees and sharpie line it on so I can look like a ‘player’

(p.s coming up in For Sale section; 18 packs of pink castle tees, most are unused) :sneaky:

Just own it! Be loud, be proud, be individual, use pink!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

Just buy the bamboo equivalent of the horrible plastic tees.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Nah I kinda had this rule that when I stopped saying "I think I get two shots here..." that was the time to put away the bling and instead use some 'game improvement' tees... still using the lime green callaway balls though I mean I'm not that good a player :LOL:

Just buy the bamboo equivalent of the horrible plastic tees.

Buy! whadda ya mean buy? Bamboo tees are free at the course, just grab a few when teeing off (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Individual? Pink castles are by far the most common tee that I find on my course. Must be over half of the members are using them. I have more of them now than I had a year ago, I find more of them than I lose.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Individual? Pink castles are by far the most common tee that I find on my course. Must be over half of the members are using them. I have more of them now than I had a year ago, I find more of them than I lose.
It's a pain I've moved from pink to orange which means I have to buy them as you never find them on the course. always finding pink ones though.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Classic round of two halves today.

23 points on the front 9 (26 after 10), playing really well, everything going nicely. 6 pars in 10 holes,

Poor tee shot on 11, end up blobbing it, then the rot well and truly set in. 8 points for the last 8 holes to end up on 34.

Out in 40, back in 53. Was absolutely fuming with myself when we came off.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Shot 95 today with 2 x 9’s, 1 x 8 and 1 x 7.
Need to stop compounding the errors, should of been miles better than that with the positions I was in ??

D

Deleted member 3432

Course really greened up since I last played there a couple of weeks back.

Greenstaff slitting fairways and overseeding today, very Autumnal day.

Summers gone up here....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just played seven holes after work, with my missus walking with me and hitting a few balls. I got 4 pars and 3 bogeys so pretty decent. Mainly happy I finished with a well struck 6 iron onto the green on our stroke index 1. Decision justified so far to put it back in the bag after not hitting it for over two years, hitting it far better now than I did back then. Surprised at how well actually. Should thank @saving_par really as it was a convo with him on this forum that made me think to give it another go, haha.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played the semi final of our senior singles knockout this evening and a game played in a good spirit. Unfortunately, this was the second day of course work and most of the greens had been worked on since yesterday so were not great for putting on. We were expecting one hole to be closed and this turned out to be the second.

Never more than one hole in it. The OP chipped in on 16 to level the match and then we were surprised to find both 17 & 18 closed. Back to the first and the OP hit a great 50 yard chip to 3ft with me 20ft away. I putted up to 18 ins which was conceded and I thought game over, but the OP missed the putt.

Then on to the 3rd, a par 3, where my four was good enough for the win and into the final!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a knock with a mate and two of his buddies at Macc. Shot a 79. Back to back birdies on the par fives. Drove two par four greens. Yes I was on fire.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Final handicap team outing last night. Neither team in with a shout of the prizes so my partner and I just decided to go out and enjoy it.

Played with two great lads and had a laugh all the way round. My driving was so so, my irons were terrible but my putting was unbelievable and I couldn't miss, so was getting up and down a lot for halves.

Despite only ever having the lead for one hole we managed to sneak the win on the 18th.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
With my newly cut handicap I played for our club in the Kent vets league match. Out in the last pair (6th) we won our match 6 and 5, we won the match 6-0 and ensured that we win the league with one match still to play. ????

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Day 2 of the Gordon Edwards Seniors Scratch at Bromborough and missed the forecasted rain but putter let me down again . Not good being an aggressive putter on slopey quick Greens ?
First time I played there and enjoyed it, good tough course and will be up for the challenge next year.