I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
1st round of the county seniors at Remedy later today. Have been playing well recently so hopefully I can have a good round and make the cut for tomorrow.

Canary Kid

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played yesterday at Cuddington. Good course in really excellent condition, with a great clubhouse. However … they didn’t do a yardage book, which meant that there were areas of the course where it was not possible to check if danger lurked; e.g. on the third tee, where one drives downhill through a gap, it is not possible to see much at all. Also, there was minimal signage which meant that, without a course map in a yardage book, finding the next tee was a bit hit and miss. Shame, because it rather let the course down. Are there any members on here?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Played yesterday at Cuddington. Good course in really excellent condition, with a great clubhouse. However … they didn’t do a yardage book, which meant that there were areas of the course where it was not possible to check if danger lurked; e.g. on the third tee, where one drives downhill through a gap, it is not possible to see much at all. Also, there was minimal signage which meant that, without a course map in a yardage book, finding the next tee was a bit hit and miss. Shame, because it rather let the course down. Are there any members on here?
Blueinmunich is your man.
Its a nice course isn't it....(y)

Imurg

Visit site
Usual Wednesday bash with CVG....decent round of 81, 1 over handicap for 35 points..
Just too many bogeys..kept a double off but the greens are so tricky at this time of year that you need to get very close with your approach/chip/first putt to have a realistic chance.
Handicap sliced by......0.1
But for a sloppy bogey on the last it could have been a bit more...

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Played a mixed Stableford team comp today, 2 men and 1 lady, best 2 scores to count on each hole.

I started poorly with a couple of doubles for 1 point on each but steadied after that to contribute 17 to the team total on the front nine.
I made my best score ever at Kilworth on the back nine of level par gross for 25 points :eek:, if only it had been a qualifier....

Shot of the day was with a MacGregor VIP 3 wood that I was given on Wednesday, from the first cut, 215 yards out and put it to 12 feet, missed the birdie though :(

Unfortunately my team mates didn't have their best games with them and we scored 75 points.

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Work society match play, 2nd round. Giving 7 shots to my opponent I needed to be at my best and whilst it wasn't my A game today, I managed to win the 17th and 18th to win 1 up, on to the semi final.

4LEX

Visit site
Been struggling with a shoulder injury that needs steroid injections, rest and rehab but powering on through the summer foolishly. Played Swinley and West Hill last week, two average rounds in the mid 70's. Took a rest and shot -1 on Monday through 9 and yesterday shot level par for 18. A lot of run on the ball and not the greatest golf but hopeful of giving myself a chance in the Club Championship soon :D

Springveldt

Visit site
Played last night and the awful golf continued at first. Was out in 48 :sick: and was so tempted to just walk off. Decided to use the back 9 to try out some changes and hit 6/7 fairways and 8/9 greens to come back in 38. The green I missed was a 190 yard par 3 that I left on the front fringe to a front pin and the fairway was because I ran through it on a dogleg right hole. The 3 shots I dropped were really careless, missed putts of 2, 3 and 4 feet. Had 3 birdie putts that shaved the side of the hole, really should have come back in level par at worse.

Maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Had a tee booked last night for 5.30 to play 18 with a friend.
I arrived super early as got out of work quick so tee'd off at 4 and squeezed in 8 holes on my own, glad I did as the 8th is a par 5 and I went driver, hybrid, putt, for my first eagle since I joined this course last April :)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Seniors comp this morning and I came third out of 44 entrants with 38 points. Don't know what the £££ will be for third, but I got one of the four 2s that were scored - so that should be a little over a tenner in pro-shop credit for that. Kerching!
Oh, I was losing the best score off my record and so should be going up by 0.2.
Same again next week then, I hope.
If I do exactly the same score, I should come back down by 0.2.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3432

Glorious at Silloth this morning, game is definitely heading in the right direction.
This is the 13th viewed from the back (Blue) tee, a very different hole than that played off the normal tee. 200 yard carry to the fairway into prevailing wind. That is the easy part on this hole without a single bunker....

20220623_121423.jpg

Imurg

Visit site
Didn't really enjoy today...not because I played poorly though..
For a change we thought we'd have a go at Foursomes format just to see what we could score..
I've never been a fan of the format and this morning cemented that opinion.
We didn't play particularly well and didn't score well..
After 9 we decided to play the rest of the round normally...got the the 1st (our 10th) to find quite a queue..
As we'd played 9 we had priority and went after a 5 minutes wait or so....
There were many 2 balls in front of us, all buched together in a bottleneck that began on the 1st as , with no start times, groups tee off as soon as the previous group are out of range.
It toom us 25 minutes to play the first 2 holes and when we got to the 3rd there was a group walking off the tee and 2 groups waiting.
I looked a t CVG, he looked at me and we both said Breakfast...and was,Ed in..
I feel like I've played about 6 holes....very underwhelming and unsatisfactory day on the course......:confused:

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in a corporate Scramble at Forest Pines yesterday, all funds going to the host company's charity which this year is MIND.

We (my work colleague and I) played reasonably well, not quite backed up by our playing partners, but an enjoyable day on the course. I'm never convinced with the handicapping on these type of events, too many 'casual' golfers with strange handicaps, but it's a charity event so no real beef, playing our last hole a guy on the adjacent fairway asked how we were doing, we replied "a few under", he said "if we par this we will be 20 under with a gross 80" :rolleyes:, it was won with a 57.4 nett by a two ball :unsure:.........at least the '20 under' score didn't win :LOL: