I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First round of the club champs today blowing a gale, and to add to the enjoyment the green staff had chosen today to double cut and iron the greens?? ..
Great decision!

Hit it alright but was very tough into the wind, bogey golf for the first 7 apart from 4 which I birdied. Putting was very tricky and missed 3 tap ins qith deceleration. Was going OK on the back 9 until 13 I stuck it close in 3 for a tap in then missed it as the wind just blew the ball off the putter and did the Same on 14th. 83 gross. Vey disappointed with my putting today. With that wind anything under 80 would be enough to qualify as long as you don't blow it tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 25172

My game is gone, and has been for pretty much the whole year. Find small patches of something that resembles golf during rounds here and there, but overall it’s just, yeah - gone. It’s depressing.

Springveldt

Visit site
Another day, another terrible golf round. Sick and tired of how crap I’m playing just now, actually went and looked up the hard cap for WHS. I’m currently playing to a 15 standard while having an index of 5.8 (should go up tomorrow).

Again, nothing redeeming from the round. Driving unpredictable, irons unpredictable, chipping gash and putting shocking. I’m more surprised when I hit a shot on target just now compared to off target.

Dingy

Visit site
Been playing well recently and starting to feel it was all coming together then I played in a medal today and if I said I was rank rotten I would be being far too kind to myself. Quite windy but even at that it's annoying. Even managed a couple of shanks. Stupid game.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
... won 6&5 in a mixed pairs greensomes knockout. Giving the opposition 7 shots, we worried that it was going to be tough going. 3 up after 4, then all square after 7, we panicked a bit and gave ourselves a talking to. Then won 2 in a row which helped settle us down and take the turn 2 up. We'd even used some of my teeshots! ?
Then won 4 in a row and shook hands on 13th green. Happy days!
I managed to birdie the 18th for the third time in 3 rounds. Hopefully that's a pattern that continues! ?
Next round sees us play a couple who beat us in the final of the winter pairs, on the 20th hole, having given them 6 shots. We did well that day, but not well enough. Time for revenge!

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I took out one of our newer ladies to do a card for handicap, she said it is only 5 or 5 weeks since she started on our get in to golf program and wow, she is going to be very good if she keeps progressing how she started she was driving nearly as far as me and when she got it right was hitting good distances from the fairway too.
We got stuck behind a sociaety so only did 9 so she needs another 9 for her handicap. She is just erratic at the moment but I worked out her first handicap should be around 34 which is amazing going after just a few weeks

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The fat hacker let the proper golfer out today.
7 over par with 5 birdies (1 should’ve been an eagle)

It’s not the longest course but I Don’t think I’ve ever hit the ball so well.

no 3 putts and a few up n downs

I expect fatty will be back at Cooden on Friday

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Got wet....and it was breezy....
Quite difficult conditions as the course is still fiery after being baked yesterday.
P,aged with everyone's "favourite " Mod....and handed him his arse:cool:
Starting on the back 9 he had a couple of blobs but a birdie that helped out
I was steady all the way round..8 bogeys...79 shots, 36 points.
Definitely not unhappy after the last couple of weeks of dross and my back spasms earlier in the week.
Never really in trouble and my bunker play was pretty much on point.
Fragger lagged behind.....quite a bit behind to be fair...

Dropped a really good score off my 20 and I'm going up a bit and will be getting 9 shots from tomorrow - an indication of how poorly I've been playing recently
Hopefully a order has been turned.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
The fat hacker let the proper golfer out today.
7 over par with 5 birdies (1 should’ve been an eagle)

It’s not the longest course but I Don’t think I’ve ever hit the ball so well.

no 3 putts and a few up n downs

I expect fatty will be back at Cooden on Friday
I didn't think Baz was playing Friday? ?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The first of our two big comps today - the 36 hole handicap event. (The biggie, the de facto club championship off scratch, comes later). Played pretty well for me, and came in with a nett level par 69 for both rounds. Was leader in the clubhouse when I came in, about 1/3 of the way through, but sadly, only ended up 4th. Pretty pleased with myself for getting in two steady rounds, as, due to consistency issues, this event is normally dominated by low handicappers. Ah well, at least a decent snip on the handicap is due ...

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Despite NRing in the 1st round yesterday, I still turned up for the 2nd round today - get straight back on the horse and right some wrongs I guess. 7:52am tee time which was absolutely not the one, but only myself to blame, if I'd have played some golf yesterday I'd have got a reasonable time. ?

One of our three ball didn't turn up as apparently she forgot her locker key and couldn't get her clubs out in time, so just played as a two with this other feller, and with an empty course in front of us we played the front nine ridiculously quickly, about an hour and 15-20 mins. I played so much better than yesterday it was chalk and cheese. The SI1 12th which I clocked a 12 on yesterday - parred it this time, so there's an eight shot improvement already, haha. We started on the 10th, so as we raced round we got to the 1st and the last three groups were still waiting to tee off so we had a good 20+ minute wait then.

I carried on playing decent on the second (front) nine, unfortunately I made an arse of the par 3 3rd like I do every week, had to take 3 of the tee and made a 6. Also made an arse of the par 3 6th though as I completely fatted my tee shot and had to pitch it on from 75 yards, so made a 5 there as well. Finished by parring the two par 5s so that was a nice way to end. Shot 85 for a net 71 (3 over). Just those two par 3s that stopped me getting a really good score, but I just felt so relieved that I actually played well. I putted well all day but genuinely had five putts that finished a couple of centimetres from the hole, so if a couple of them had dropped, again, could have been a good score.

Will be rounded down one to +2 for handicap record, not amazing but it might become a counting round at some stage, I'm not sure. Won't be enough to stop me going up for now though, I already went to 15.0 after yesterday's, and there's another counting one dropping off today. Might as well forget about handicap again for now.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Stableford comp today, hit the ball pretty well and “only” put myself in trouble twice. One resulted in a drop shot leading to a double on a par 3. The other was on a par 4, pulled my second shot into the bushes and couldn’t find it. I didn’t play a provisional, so just blobbed the hole.

Played the 17 holes i finished in +6, with the blob added it will give me a +9 for handicap purposes so should be a good cut coming in the morning and down to 13.8 I think.

Still on for scratch by the end of the year ?

SurreyGolfer

Visit site
Played awfully today. I had a lesson a couple of weeks ago where I was striking it nicely, I've been asked to change a few things and it's just knocked me a step back (hopefully to go 2 steps forward). I felt like every single swing was today was different and it showed, was knocking it all over the place. I guess to focus on positives:
+ve: I hit 3 consecutive up and downs with controlled chips doing most of the work, very satisfying when you execute what you have in your head
+ve: the scores from the best 9 of the 18 holes (not sequential) was +4 gross

Negatives
-ve: the scores from the worst 9 of the 18 holes (not sequential) was, embarrassingly, +26 gross.
-ve: most of the shots were lost driving, back to a lesson and range session to focus on it I guess.

I'll try and take positives from the few good things rather than dwell on negatives

Newnsy

Visit site
Played in the monthly medal today, after a bunch of rubbish rounds broke 80 for the first time for a net 69 got second on count back.
The handicap cut means I’ve hit my first goal of the season, get low enough to enter club champs ???