I played today and..(Rolling) -originally created by JohnnyDee

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Weekday comp stableford today. Shot a 5.3 (if no PCC) to equal my 8th best. Lost a 3.6 off my record so likely to be a 0.3 increase.
Second comp of the year and got another 2.
Next comp I'll lose a 1.9 off my record, my lowest differential. Might get another bump up by 0.3 or 0.4.
This is so different from those +0.1 that used to come one at a time.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
First evening round of golf today and it was lovely, little bit of wind and the sun was shining. I teed off just after 6 and managed to play 16 holes before the light faded a bit too much.

Didn’t keep score, but hit the ball well and had 2 birdies, at a guess I was probably 5/6 over with ball number 1. Took the opportunity to try a few things that I maybe wouldn’t on a Sunday and was happy with how they came off. Our 9th is a 455 yard par 5 with a ditch that runs just in front of the green. I had 200 to carry the ditch this evening, usually I would lay up and remove the risk but had a bash this evening. Took a 3 iron to allow a little bit or error, hit it clean and ended up 10 yards off the back of the green so it must have gone about 240. Chipped on and putted for birdie so all was good.

No golf for a week now as heading upto the Lake District with the family for a little holiday.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Weekday comp stableford today. Shot a 5.3 (if no PCC) to equal my 8th best. Lost a 3.6 off my record so likely to be a 0.3 increase.
Second comp of the year and got another 2.
Next comp I'll lose a 1.9 off my record, my lowest differential. Might get another bump up by 0.3 or 0.4.
This is so different from those +0.1 that used to come one at a time.

Do you prefer it or not?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Played with a couple of mates yesterday at nairn. Raining for the first few holes then dried up. Was a strange day, temp wasn't that bad , but the ball was going nowhere. Played OK couple over on the front 9 and one over on the back due to some holed long puts. Happy with that off the whites. Got the best of the day as it turned out, caddied after and the temp dropped quite a bit and nastie easterly popped up for the back 9.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And I probably would have had a better day cleaning the loo.....
Midweek Medal...
Started Par, Birdie and then the front left wheel came off, followed by the back right before the turn
Back left came off about the 13th and the front right buckled on the 17th....
Nett 79..8 over...just poor...
Nothing was working.
Probably shoot 73 tomorrow:rolleyes:

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site
First time playing Parkstone, wonderful experience - what a course!

Bang on handicap but very inconsistent, 2 birdies but 5 doubles. Couldn’t be angry as the views were stunning and a few shots were total guesses in the wrong direction…

84 hacks, 9 fairways, 9 greens 32 putts - very familiar numbers…. Driver was club of the day, couldn’t do wrong with it, irons were poor the rest so so.

Stunning place!

Attachments

• 84EB87D2-F7EA-4841-82C0-178F7FCC675F.jpeg
    84EB87D2-F7EA-4841-82C0-178F7FCC675F.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 10

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The weather was superb and I shot my best score for a very long time.
Started off really well, wobbled through the middle section before finishing like a train.
2 over gross for the first six and level par over the last five.
A couple of blobs and single pointers through the middle six.
Finished with 41 points and birdied stroke hole one ...................... and that's left me buzzing!
Today, golf is great!

D

Deleted member 3432

Ploughed it up this afternoon.

Flushing it at the range yesterday, not so today with my iron play getting very ropey as the round went on.

Better than work (y)

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a Trackman lesson today, first lesson of any kind since 2016 due to illness and then Covid lockdown forced a layoff after becoming well again. After seeing the videos of my swing, and Trackman data, how the he'll is my HI 2.7 ?. It would seem that all of the progress I made back in 2016 has reverted back to my really flat swing. Going to be some hard work on the range I think.

D

Deleted member 17920

First time playing Parkstone, wonderful experience - what a course!

Bang on handicap but very inconsistent, 2 birdies but 5 doubles. Couldn’t be angry as the views were stunning and a few shots were total guesses in the wrong direction…

84 hacks, 9 fairways, 9 greens 32 putts - very familiar numbers…. Driver was club of the day, couldn’t do wrong with it, irons were poor the rest so so.

Stunning place!
Great course isn’t it.

Great variety of holes and a joy to play.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Managed to get out for 9 at my local course once the littlun has gone down.

Started poorly again with a poor double bogey but then went level par through the remaining 8!

3 birdies (including two 2s on the par 3s) and the two of the three bogeys to offset them were somewhat unlucky - consisting of a lipout on one hole and a horrible bounce into a red staked area on the other.

22 points and equal to my best ever 9 I think.

Game seems in a good place at the moment!(aaaand that's the kiss of death)

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played SAOL in a seniors 4BBB today. Course was in fantastic condition. Certain small areas of the fairways you had to play off mats or move onto the first cut to protect them for the upcoming British Amateur Championships and Final Open Qualifying but that very rarely affected me :ROFLMAO:. We were reasonably happy with 41 points but 3 or 4 missed short putts would have made it far better had they dropped. Can't wait to go back in September.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
James (JustOne) popped down for a couple of days this week.
We played at Cooden on Wednesday, beautiful day. Course was in very good condition.
Played a fourball betterball against another mate and his Son, proper see-saw game with us one up and then one down in equal measure until the 13th, where my superb par put us 1 up which is how it remained until the 17th where my net par saw us shake hands.
Was good to get out, and bearing in mind I hadn't even looked at my clubs since October last year, I was really pleased with the way I played.
Even parred the 1st....:eek::eek::eek:

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Played Lanhydrock yesterday. Interesting layout, greens still recovering from tinning so not seeing it as its best. Nice friendly folk there.

St Mellion Nicklaus today, and RND Open Medal on Saturday. It gets tougher!!
Played Lanhydrock loads of times in the past, group of us used to go and play their when they had a large house right by the first tee that they used to rent out. Great, fun course, with a few cracking holes on it, some great par 3's. Fantastic memories.